22. jessbian

✵

"AND THAT'S WHY I THINK THAT I WOULD KISS LUKE SKYWALKER, BUT MARRY HAN SOLO SO I COULD KISS HIM EVERY DAY," Ringo rambled on, her speech increasingly slurred. This particular debate had been going for the last ten minutes, with the blonde arguing that Han was better 'boyfriend material', despite the fact Steve had never spoke against it.

They had left the party fifteen minutes ago, and with Steve himself intoxicated and Ringo annihilated - driving home was out of the question.

She had her arm wound around his by the elbows, clutching it tightly for support as she walked along the pavement unsteadily.

"Ringo, you do know I've never even seen Star Wars?" He sighed, repeating himself for the third time.

"What the hell?" She gasped, just like she did the other times. "That's positively ludicrous. What, are you too busy sucking face with Nancy to watch a good movie?"

"First of all," he began, raising an eyebrow challengingly, "the movie was out before Nancy and I started dating. Second of all, don't be so bitter!" He ended in a sing-song voice to show he was joking.

"I'm not bitter!" She protested, ripping her arm from his to walk along by herself. "I love Nancy, okay! I even gave her my Brady Bunch lunch box in second grade because she didn't have one!"

Ringo stopped in her step, a wide smirk on her face full of mischief and amusement. Steve stopped upon noticing she wasn't following, turning to see what the problem was, but the blonde simply booped him on the nose with her finger and giggled.

"And now I'm giving her you," she sang, her tone and expression contradicting the rather sad statement. Steve's face fell instantly, mouth adjacent and lips moving as he tried to formulate words. But words couldn't come, as his brain wasn't even able to form thoughts.

"Ringo, I-" he began, the words he wasn't even sure of cut off by the image of the girl tipping sideways and falling straight into a shrub in someone's garden.

He wasn't sure initially whether to bark a laugh or jump to help her, instead, he settled for both. Hauling her to her feet while his booming laughter echoed down the empty street.

"Ow," she moaned tiredly, grappling for his hands as he dragged her upwards, leaves trapped in her now messy hair.

"You're a mess, Ringo," he commented, plucking stray leaves from her hair. Her left arm was red from scratches, but she didn't look too affected.

For the rest of the walk to her apartment, they stayed silent, with Ringo's arm wrapped around his again.