Prologue - Life of a Quirkless Person

"You're worthless."

"Why are you even alive?"

"I don't need your help."

"Don't help me, you fucking piece of shit!"

Those are the words a certain green-haired boy is reminded of while returning home from his school.

That's right, that boy is none other than Izuku Midoriya, a 14-year-old boy without a Quirk. A Quirk is like a superpower that can be inherited from one's parents.

If one's family's Quirks are fire, acid, etc..., then they'll inherit the Quirks from either their mother or father... or both.

But for Izuku?

He was born without inheriting a Quirk from either of his parents.

His father, Hisashi Midoriya, can breathe fire, but on the day of Izuku's birth, he left, not giving a reason for his absence.

Izuku Midoriya still remembers what happened to his father, because of how his mother, Inko Midoriya, loved him so much.

She often told him about how cool his father is. Because of that, even though he went away Izuku still loves his father and he knows that there was a reason for him to leave.

A Quirk should manifest one's body. When Izuku was 4 years old he didn't feel a single thing, as he was born Quirkless. Calling him numerous names that ruined his confidence.

Out of all those names, there are three that tear his soul apart.

"Worthless Izuku"

"Quirkless Izuku"

"Defenseless Izuku"

Or known as Deku.

The last name is usually used by his childhood bully, Katsuki Bakugou. Izuku just wanted to help, but Katsuki Bakugo, or Kacchan, the nickname Izuku used to call him, denies his help.

It only hurt his pride. Because of that, Katsuki blast him with his Explosion quirk in his hands and sent him flying to a faraway rock.

After the collision, Izuku cried so much. Not only that, Izuku gained a scar on his forehead, because of how he only wanted to help Kacchan, but in the end, he only hurt him.

The reason? Well, when it was the day to see the kids' Quirks, Katsuki got his, which is Explosions. Because of that, he thought himself being way cooler and stronger than anyone else.

Too much pride took over his soul, mind, and his personality.

The incident happened when Katsuki tripped over a small rock and Izuku lent his hand to help Katsuki up to his feet.

Instead of accepting Izuku's help, Katsuki just blew him away. That day was the start of how Izuku became less and less humane.

His mother, Inko Midoriya, apologizes and comforts him when they learn that he is Quirkless. She gained weight as a way of coping with her guilt after that.

Four years have passed since Izuku learned that he is Quirkless. He became shyer than ever, mostly not showing emotions on his face.

Whenever he's at home, it is there where his emotions resurface, but it all changed after two incidents that happened to him.

First, when he was eight years old, the news on their television showed that a great massacre that happened in Kamino, Yokohama.

How'd it happened? A bunch of villains with powerful Quirks began to kill anyone who works and lives there. One of those victims...