Ch. 20 - Preparations

(Author's Note)

=====

Chapter 20 - Preparations

"I decline the offer, Toshinori-sensei."

That statement is enough for the No. 1 Hero of Japan, who was expecting Izuku to accept, taken back. His offer was rejected, making his face that has desperation.

"But... but why?" Toshinori asked, can't find anymore words, still can't believe what he's hearing. Izuku rejected the offer of becoming the next inheritor of One For All.

"Surely I'm not the only candidate around. There are many, is it not?" Izuku asked, first wanting to know if there are more aspirants.

"There is one. Whose heart and soul is the same as yours." The skinny blonde-haired man said. Hearing it made a smile on Izuku's face as he said, "Give it to him."

Toshinori was still confused by what he said.

"I am fine on my own. I don't need another powerful Quirk like One For All, or else I might become the next Saitama if you ask me." Izuku joked, still had that smile on his expression.

"Whatever I become, either that I lose my Quirk or not, I'll still become a hero in my own way. But I must warn you, if you give it to my classmate, specifically Katsuki Bakugo, then all of the good deeds of the former wielders of One Fall will be nothing but a speck of dust that will be blown away. All he ever wanted is fame and money, much like Endeavor if you ask me."

"But, why would you relate Young Bakugo to Endeavor? He may not have a nice personality, but he is not a bad person." Toshinori said, remembering their last conversation and that was ten years ago. Toshinori has seen him on interviews and such, stating that he will help the people and will become the number one hero of Japan, which is enough for him.

And it has an equal amount of bullshit in it.

"Don't be so sure, Toshinori-sensei. He may act like it, but don't let his personality trick you. Behind the mask shows his true self. I'm sure you know that not all heroes are heroes, and the same goes for the villains. There was once a man who said this to me, 'Evil wasn't born, and so as good. They're all made.'"

(Inspired from Good and Evil and credits to the author, Roxas Itsuka.)

Izuku was a hero otaku and that he watched every interview of the top ten Heroes of Japan. He liked the comedy vibe from All Might. He loved how professional and unprofessional he is. But to Endeavor?

It's a different story.

He watched his interviews. Needless to say, Endeavor doesn't deserve to be a hero. His look, his posture, his personality, it's all evident there. He's a false hero.

He watched a certain rookie heroine known as Mt. Lady just a few months ago. Just like Endeavor, all she wanted is fame and money, but it's not too late to change ways unlike Endeavor, who was pursuing to become the No. 1 Hero of Japan ever since he started as a rookie hero.

"I'm sure that there are more false heroes within you, but I won't convince you to make them feel humiliated. You have a brain, so it's your choice." Izuku said, teaching Toshinori of using his big ol' brain of his.

The said person listened to every word the boy has said to him, from rejecting his offer, don't give One For All to Young Bakugo, and letting him know Endeavor's personality. He was catching those words and let them stuck inside his head.

"Understood." That is all the No. 1 Hero of Japan said before Izuku nodded in appreciation. Then, there's something he almost forgot after that speech from the former vigilante. He then said to him, "By the way, Young Midoriya. I've just received words from the Police Department."