Chapter 9- Living in my room

FLASHBACK
I was hiding under the dining table. At that time, I was like about 6 years old. Dad had just gotten home from work, drunk as usual.

Mom was in the dining room. She was placing the food for dinner on the table.

Dad came to the kitchen and began to yell at mom for no apparent reason. At least thats what it seemed like to me.

I began to get scared. Suddenly I heard something break. Someone fell to the floor. I got up from under the table and just stood there.

Mom was on the floor, blood flowing out of her stomach. Dad was holding a broken, blooded glass bottle in his hand.

They hadn't noticed me. Mom was holding her stomach in pain. The wound looked deep.

Mom screamed in pain. She yelled at dad. I began to cry and went over to mom.

"MOMMY! MOMMY!" I cried. Dad saw me as he dropped the glass in shock.
END OF FLASHBACK

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

I was in a hospital room. Mom had insisted that I go to the doctor. I had barely managed to cover up what had actually happened to me.

I lied to her and told her that I fell down at the Amusement park and that when I got home I was so tired that was I walking up the stairs I fell down them that's why I'm limping.

The doctor told me I was lucky to get away with a slightly fractured foot. It would heal within roughly two weeks.

My mom drove me home.

She became my chauffeur. I told her that I could manage but she just wouldn't listen being the stubborn mother she is.

I began to think about that memory again. What would have happened to mom if I wasn't there?

An hour later, I was back at home and snuggled up in bed. According to the doctor I should stay off my foot. So I finally get to live in my room. Dream come  true!

Even though it had a queen sized bed, a vanity and a small walk in closet, my room was pretty much like an average American one. I also had a bathroom.

According to my mom I live like a bat. I mean I don't really like light that much. I just personally prefer drakness.

My mom and I are completely opposites at times. She's short, I'm reasonably tall.

I have black hair with dark blue highlights while mom's got black with blonde highlights. I have about 1 tattoo. It's the heart rate, which is on the side of my left hand ring finger.

When I got it she was so angry at me. But then she cooled down. I can still vividly picture her furious face and her endless rants that never really got anywhere with me.

I had taken a week off from work. I missed working. It kept my mind and body occupied.

Someone knocked on my door then came in. I was surprised to see who it was.

"What are you doing here?" I asked Ashton as he walked around my room.

"Well your mom called and told my parents that you had fractured your foot. So my parents insisted that I visit you. Its not like I would come to begin with." he replied.

"Geez mom, it's just a slight fracture. How are we even related?" I said rolling my eyes.

"Did you tell you mom what really happened or you lied?" he asked with hint of curiosity in his voice.

"I didn't have a choice. I had to lie." I said sadly. "I hate lying to mom" I said before pouting.

I was wondering if he had recognised me as yet. I mean two years can change a lot. We're living proof.

"So how's your leg? Any better?" he asked.

"What do you think? I got hit with a metal bin cover" I replied sarcasticly.

He smirked.

"Sure you haven't been hit with anything else?" he questioned his smirk growing bigger.

I just ignored his question. He sat at the side of my bed. "You've got a nice room but mine is obviously better than yours." He said.

"I doubt it. Men live like pigs. Their room often tells people about their true colours. You might look all rich and neat on the outside, but what about the inside?" I replied plucking a magazine from my night table.

"Well why don't you come over and see for yourself?" He said.

"Do I look like I'm in the condition to?" I sarcasticly replied.

"I told you way too much about me and Mark yesterday so I guess you owe me an explanation also about you and Mark. Don't you think so? Cause I know I have a reason to hate him" I said.

Why should you care about me and him?" Ashton quizically asked.

"Then why did you care about me and him?"

He completely ignored my question and instead focused his attention on my curtains.