Chapter 17- You're tired and I'm pissed

I woke up the sun hitting against my face. I turned over and sat up as I stretched. I got off my bed, brushed my teeth, took a bath and went downstairs.

I could smell something coming from the kitchen.

As I entered the kitchen I saw a girl in a maid outfit cooking. "Oh you're awake ma'am. Good morning. I hope you had a peaceful sleep."

"I did thank you. Um can you please not treat me so formally? You can call me Tiffany. And you are?" I asked.

"I'm Emily ma- I mean Tiffany." She said a bit uncomfortably.
"Can you please tell everyone that for me? Thanks." I replied.

"Breakfast tasted great Emily. Thanks." I said before leaving the kitchen.

I had quit my job at work because I was assigned to work at the same company as Ashton. I didn't know which one it was but I was hoping it was worth it.

I went over the Ashton's parents place in order to discuss this matter. I went into the living room and sat down as I waited on them.

"Sorry to keep you waiting darling" Ashton's mom said.

"Good morning" I greeted them with.

We sat down as we began to talk. "So your previous job was at Gorgeous Models, and your position was an accounting manager but you got demoted to an assistant manager. Correct?" Ashton dad said.

I was hoping that they didn't know the reason why I was demoted. Fingers crossed.

"Yes, that's right." I said. "So your new job will be the Chief Financial Officer(CFO) of our company which is "Butterfly Secret." he said. I stared at them in awe.

I've always wanted to work at Butterfly Secret. It's my dream job workplace. But when I heard what he said just now my heart nearly left me.

I, Tiffany Lucas, will be going to work at Butterfly Secret. Not just a small job, a huge job. A top level manager to be precise.

"Ashton is working there too. As a matter of fact all of us are. You should be proud of him. He's the CEO" Ashton's mom said gleefully.

"Wow, thank you so much for this opportunity. I promise to work hard and show you that what you did for me was really worth it." I excitedly replied.

I stayed by them and chatted until about 12p.m. "Mrs. Lucas, I should get going now" I said.

With that I left their place and headed to ours. As I reached our room, I looked into the mirror.

"Let's just wait for him to come home." I said.

I ate lunch silently. I went up back to the bedroom and went into the closet. I swear I'm like a millionaire. I began to look through and sort out my outfits.

After what seemed to be forever I finally finished. I looked at my watch. 7:00p.m. Wow, time flies by I thought.

I came out and just as I was getting my clothes ready to go and take a shower, I heard the room door open.

Ashton came in as he took off his shoes and went on the bed. "Ashton, how come you never told me where you worked and what you do? I asked.

"Guess you talked with mom and dad. You would have found out anyway. Can you please just be quiet? I'm tried and I wanna sleep." He said irritated.

"You're tired and I'm pissed." I said. "I'm going to start working tomorrow as the CFO of 'Butterfly Secret'" I said.

All I did was ask about something and you're ready to go down at me. Feeling annoyed I took my stuff and took a shower.

As I turned on the tap, the cold water made me feel better. I came out fully dressed in my pajamas.

I went onto the bed, trying to mentally prepare for tomorrow.

A/N
Thank you guys for over 600+ views. I apologize for not updating on Wednesday. Honest to god it slipped my mind. But here is the chapter for you guys.