Chapter 21- You think it's easy?!

I was practically living a the hospital and work lately. As soon as I finished work I went straight away to the hospital.

I would either stay their overnight, stay up to 12 or go home before 10.

Just as I was packing up the leave doctor Liam came in. "Mrs. Tiffany" he asked.

"Yes, oh hello doctor Liam." I said warmly.

"Can I talk to you a little about your mom?" he questioned.

"Sure" I replied a bit nervous.

"Well remember I told you we were running some tests and awaiting the results. Well they came it. Everything is okay except for her brain. It seemed she hit her head quite hard and it caused her to a brain herniation (swelling of the brain) " he said.

"What? Oh my god!" I said shocked.

"We'll need to perform a surgery to remove the blood cloth." He said. "When will that be?" I asked.

"They earlier the better. I'd need you to sign some paper first though." He said.

"Okay" I said. I signed the paper as I watched them take her to the operating room.

I called Mark, Gabby and Nick.

They all came at about the same time. I told what Liam had told me. They were just as surprised at me.

"Did you tell Ashton?" Nick asked. "No, why would he even care?" I stated. "I guess you too just can't get along can you?" He said.

"I don't think so" I said.

After a couple hours of waiting the red light finally turned green. The neurosurgeon, Dr. Jordan came out.

"The surgery was successful. The patient will be unconscious for a while as for she is still in a coma. These types of surgery aren't usually performed when the patient is in a coma but her brain herniation is quite bad so we didn't have a choice." He said.

They carried her to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).

I stayed at the hospital all night. I sent Gabby and Mark home. It's took me all of strength to get them to go home. Why did they have to be so damn stubborn?

As far as I was concerned I just wanted to be alone, but no amount of persuading would get Nick to go though.

So he just stayed. I felt my head falling to the side but I didn't have the strength to pull it up back.

It fell on a soft shoulder. And I fell asleep. When I woke up in felt someone's head on mine.

I carefully lifted mine without disturbing the other person.

Nick was on my shoulder sleeping soundly now. I looked at him as I took his hand and squeezed it.

I put my head back on his as I went back to sleep. I felt someone tapping me on my shoulder.

When I opened my eyes I saw Ashton as long with his mom in front of me.

Nick was still on my shoulder sleeping like a baby. "Oh good morning" I whispered trying my best not to wake him up. "So how's your mom now after the surgery?"Ashton's mom asked.

"She's in the ICU at the moment so I'm not sure. By the way what time is it? And how did you know? I didn't get to tell you. I meant to but it slipped my mind. I'm sorry" I said.

"It's okay. Gabby, your friend, called Ashton and told him and he told me. It's 11:47 now." She said sweetly.

"What! It's past 11" I jerked up after hearing the time. Nick's head fell with a thud on my lap. He woke up looking as startled as ever.

"Oops..... sorry Nick" I apologetically said. "It's okay. Oh good morning mom. Hi Ashton." He sleepyily spoke.

"Wait what are you doing here? I forget to tell you. Sorry" he said with a puppy face.

"It's okay" their mom said. "Gabby told Ashton and Ashton told his mom" I said making it easy for him to understand and saving Mrs. Lucas from saying it again.

"I better check on mom. Please excuse me" I politely said. I left and went to the ICU. She wasn't there when I went. I saw a nurse and I inquired about mom.

"Excuse me, where is the patient who was here just now. Mrs. Ruby Young?" I questioned.

"She's still in a coma. Everything else seems to be okay." the nurse said.

I left the room. I couldn't stay at the hospital for some reason. "I'm going home. I'll come back in the morning" I said before departing the room.

I felt someone grab my hand. I turned around and saw Ashton clutching my hand.

"What do you want?" I questioned. "You really aren't even going to stay with your mom. Even after she had a major operation?" he asked.

"You think it's that easy to see your loved one in a hospital room. Especially after a major operation like that?" I said as I pulled my hand away.

He just stood there emotionless. "Yes I do" he simply replied. "I know all to well what it feels like."

"Well if you know why are you making it harder for me! Can't you just leave me be?" I yelled at him.

"No I can't because the person on that bed is your mom and you should be there with her!" Ashton yelled  back.

"Why would you even care? You don't mean anything to me and now you're telling me how to live my life!" I said clearly pissed at him.

"Even though I look like I don't care we're married now and we both have to take responsibility for that." He said.

I roughly grabbed him by the collar of his button down shirt.  His face was a few centimeters away from mine. But at the moment I couldn't care less.

"Mind your language or it won't end nice" I snarled.

I felt Ashton being pulled away from my grip. I looked and saw that Nick was backhugging Ashton who was clearly trying not to hit me.

"Cool down guys please! We're at a hospital for crying out loud." Nick whisper yelled.

I sent them both and glare and left. Right now I just wanted to kill him. Does he have any idea how it feels? What right does he have to say that?

A/N
Ashton and Tiffany's first big fight. How do you think they'll behave now?