Chapter 10- Why care about me?

"Well because I'm entitled to know. It's the least you can do for your fiance." I said chuckling.

"I mean it's not like I want to get married, especially to someone like you, but guess what? Life's full of roses with thorns" I continued when I noticed he wasn't speaking.

"In case you were wondering you're the thorn" I said smirking.

He rolled his eyes.

"Mark and I just never got a long for some reason. I never understood why. I mean he just kept pushing people away." Ashton said. "In the end, we became enemies." he said.

He got up from my bed and began to look around my room, yet again. He looked on the carpet and saw the red blood stain.

I hadn't been able to find the time to scrub it out. I didn't want to. I wanted that memory to be etched into my memory. I'm ashamed of what I had done.

"What's that? Ate in your room, made a mess and didn't clean up?" He asked.

I didn't answer him and unconsciously looked at my hand.

His eyes followed mine. I wasn't wearing a long sleeved top or jacket but I had made sure to keep my hand hidden under the bed sheets.

He came over to me and pulled the blanket down with one hand and taking my right hand out with the other.

He saw that the wound that still healing on my hand.

He looked more closely at it.

I tried to pull my hand away but he had a firm grip on my hand. I squirmed in pain.

He finally let go of my hand. It had his hand print on it from how tight his grip was.

"That looks quite fresh." he stated.

"And why should you even care about me? We are only getting married because of our parents. It's not like you have to pretend." I said.

He just ignored me.

He causally replied saying " I know exactly too well what trying to commit suicide looks like, so if you plan on trying on hiding it from me, think again. Nothing ever gets past me. Okay"

"If you just came here to annoy me you're wasting your time. You should just leave. Or I will." I said. He didn't move so I got off my bed opened the door and hopped down the strairs.

I went to my mom's room, where Jinjin was. I showed him a sign to follow me. I went into the living room as I sat on the ground.

I tired to sprawl but in the end my left foot was straight on the floor as my right foot was straight too. I took Jinjin into my arms as I began to play with his fur. He stuck out his tounge as he wagged his tail.

He likes when I do that.

"So what have you been up to?" I asked him.

"Any mischief?" I said. Knowing him even though Jinjin's well mannered he's just as clumsy as me.

I kissed him on his head as I cuddled him.

"I'm sorry I couldn't keep my promises to you.

"I got into another fight and now I'm going to be getting married. I'm sorry" I said.

He stopped wagging his tail. He looked at me with puppy eyes as he was trying to tell me that it's ok.

I didn't realize that on the stairs, Ashton was watching me the entire time.

Ashton POV
Geez I get you hate me ok. I mean according to my friends even though I may be arrogant at least I'm loyal.

But I'm supposed to be loyal to that, ugh. True, I'm only coming because of mom and dad but still.

I walked out of room trying to remember where the stairs was. As I was walking down, I saw her in the living room with her dog.

She was cuddling him as she talked to him.

Dogs are nice and all but they're just too much work. I've always wanted one but I just don't have the time and energy to take care of one.

She talked to her dog in such a loving way.

I didn't know she was capable of such emotions. She just seemed so cold, savage not to mention a mummy's girl.

But I have to admit she's not all that bad. I mean even though she's like that, she still sweet at times, got some good manners and best of all she can fight. At least I think she can.

Look at the way she's with her dog. What's his name again? Binbin, Ringdong, Lizard? Who cares? Why am I even thinking like this? Get these thoughts out of my head.

I went down the stairs. As I reached the end, she lifted up her head and noticed me. She whispered something to her dog. He ran over to me as he stuck out his paw for a handshake.

I looked at her then the dog.

"This again? Like seriously." I said.

I didn't want to shake his paw, maybe because I was a little scared. I shook it and left.

I drove home with the music blasting through my car. As I reached home I parked the car and and went inside, up the stairs and straight into my room. I locked the door and I proceeded to my vanity.

I picked up a photo frame as I removed a back. I pulled out a picture of me and my mom, dad and older sister and younger brother.

I gazed lovingly at it as memories flashed through my mind.

It was taken when I was 5 years old. My sister was 7 at that time. And my brother was 4 years old.

We were a normal family then. Before dad got promoted and we moved. We got a bigger house and more money.

Dad quit his job after that incident and began to work at his own business. It kept growing and here it is now.

'Butterfly Secret' one of the best perfume businesses out there. Not only perfume, but also clothing and jewellery.

His hard work paid off and his business bloomed. But things had never been the same at home since he started to work on his own company.

Everything changed. He was rarely at home or he was always abroad. He always missed birthdays and he said he try his best to come and visit when he can.

Mom was the same after she started to work with dad. I just didn't care anymore and I changed.

But I changed for the better.

A/N
What do you think is the 'incident?'