Chapter 25- H.O.P.E - Hold on pain ends

We apparently became friends quite quickly. Mom was still in the hospital.

She was going to be discharged tomorrow after they ran a couple more tests. I was so excited to know mom's gonna be okay soon.

But that was something I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up for.

I was on my way home from work when I got a call from the hospital, in particular, Doctor Liam.

"Hello" I answered. "Hello, Miss Tiffany is that you?" He asked urgently.

"Yes it's me. Why? Is something wrong?" I asked nervously.

"You mom is currently experiencing a cardiac arrest. Can you please come here as fast as you can?" he questioned.

"WHAT! I'LL BE THERE SOON!" I said before hanging up.

I turned the car around as I sped away to the hospital. I rushed in hoping that she was going to be okay.

When I reached I saw the doctors using the defibrillator on her.

I just stood there in watched them. I couldn't move. The heart rate monitor made a long beeping sound. 

I pushed my way across to her as I looked at her fragile body. He lips were now purple and her skin as pale as snow.

I fell onto my knees next to her bed.

"Mom you promised you weren't going to die on me! You promised" I murmured.

I couldn't stay at the hospital. The sight of her body just made me feel like dying. I drove home recklessly tears flooding my eyes.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

I locked my room door.

I made my way over to the mirror as I looked at myself.

How could this even happnen? I thought. I gazed into the mirror more intensely.

My hands curled up into a fist as I punched the mirror in pure frustration.

I pulled my hand away as I stared at my reflection in the broken mirror.

Blood was flowing out from my knuckles, and pieces of glass were on the floor along with some in my hand.

I couldn't feel any pain at the moment. It was like my whole body was numb.

Ashton POV
I made my way upstairs after hearing a loud noise from upstairs. As I was going up the stairs I saw Tiffany rushing down.

She didn't even look at me. As I walked into our room I saw the mirror.

Their was blood on it. Shards of glass were on the floor. I grabbed my coat as I rushed down following Tiffany. I knew something must have happened. I could sense it.

As I was driving following her I couldn't help notice about how recklessly she was driving. It frightened me.

Even more reckless than normal. She parked in front of a familiar house. Mark's own to be exact. She got out and went inside.

She didn't lock his door properly so I was able to get in. I didn't lock it properly just in case.

"Mark! she yelled. I saw him come down the stairs but they didn't even notice me.

She looked at him as she ran over to him and hugged him. She burst into tears and was sobbing.

I've never seen her cry. She always looked so strong. I clenched my fists as I went out.