Chapter 3- The meeting part 1

I felt my eyes flutter open as I awoke in an unfamiliar room.

As I looked to the right, I saw my mom sleeping on the chair. She looked peaceful as she slept. I raised my hand to brush the hair falling over her eyes.

Just then the nurse passed by.

She saw that I was awake and began to ask me some questions. While doing so she was checking my vitals.

My mom being the light sleeper she was woke up. She looked at me, her eyes puffy from crying. The nurse left once she was finished and we were there alone in silence.

I suddenly felt a sharp pain on my wrist. I realized that a bandage was on.

Not only my wrist but also my head.

The first thing my mom did was scold and yell at me.

"Why would you do something so stupid!"

I looked at her as the tears poured out of her eyes.

I sat up, came off the bed and gave her hug. I placed my hand on her head as she wrapped her arms around me.

I softly said "Sorry mom, I wasn't thinking. But I'm okay now all right. No need to worry." I patted her as she cried.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

They had kept me in for observing. The next day, I was discharged.

I was told to rest for the week because of the minor concussion I had gotten.

I would have gone to work without taking the doctors advice if it weren't for my mom practically watching me like a hawk during that 'rest' week.

I mean it's been a while since she had taken care of me and I made sure to use the opportunity very well.

Once my week at home was completed, I returned to work.

I wasn't known for skipping work or taking leave, so people were sorta of suspicious of what I had been up to.

I told them that I wasn't feeling well along with handing my letter of absence.

I behaved as if everything was normal.

I wore my long-sleeved blue top with a white jacket so that it would hide my wound. I was ashamed of what I had done.

Intentional or not. I just hoped that it would heal fast.

I got home from work and had my dinner silently. I took a bath and went to bed.

Tomorrow, I kept thinking.

It took a while but I finally feel asleep.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

I woke up in the morning. Today was that dreaded day, the day I had to meet my future husband, which was the last thing I wanted to do.

I had to keep wearing long sleeve tops and jackets until my wound had healed. I was hoping that my foolish mistake wouldn't leave a scar.

I dressed in a comfy outfit with a makeup free face. I never really was a fan of a lot of makeup. I'm more of an almost bare face when it came to that area.

The most I would do is use a cleanser and a face scrub along with applying cream. I've always liked people with soft skin.

TIffany's outfit

TIffany's outfit

I wanted to go because its what mom wants for me so the least I can do is listen to her.

My mom's had a rough life so I just wanted to make it easier for her. I mean, haven't I given her enough worries and troubles to last a lifetime?

We got in the car as I followed the directions she gave me.

By the time we had reached the place it was 5:30pm. We were supposed to reach by 6 pm so we were definitely there on time.

As I entered their place, I thought I was in a different world. Their place was HUGE! Their house was practically a mansion. (Image shown above)

As we entered the house, we were in even more awe. The place was so spotless and clean that you could have literally eaten food on the floor.

Crystal chandeliers hung from the ceiling, looking like icicles. The floor was tiled with white marble. Not to mention the stunning furniture which adorned the place.

My mom introduced herself to the butler, who said that he would call them. He gestured us to their living room.

The furniture was elegant and the room itself gave off a pleasant vibe.

We sat down there and waited. I held my mom's hand because I was nervous.

A couple came downstairs holding hands, to which I assumed were the boy's parents.

The dad had a few streaks of grey in his shining black hair. His suit, unlike some people I knew, didn't cling to his body.

His wife had a rather young and refreshing look. There wasn't a single strand of grey found in her honey brown hair.

Both parties greeted each other warmly.

Before we were about to sit down and talk, their son came down and I got the shock of a lifetime.