Chapter 24- Re-introducing

Tiffany POV
The next couple of days had been so awkward between us.

Nick invited us to go out along with Mark and Gabby for a little reunion something. I couldn't refuse and neither could he.

As we reached the bar, (Crystal bar to be exact. It had become our official hangout spot) we went in together.

We took a seat after saying hi to them.

One shot of Vodka please" I said. "Hey, the doctor told you to take it easy on drinking." Gabby said.

"Yeah, well I don't drink much to begin with. I don't plan on cutting off my drinking completely. You must be crazy!" I scolded.

"There she goes. She hasn't even had a shot of Vodka but she's already being feisty." Mark commented rolling his eyes playfully.

"By the way, how's your mom?" Nick asked curiously.

"She's in a stable condition now. She woke up like two days ago. She improving, slowly but surely." I replied a small smile creeping onto my face.

"That's great" Gabby said.

After a couple more shots they began to realize how awkward Ashton and I were.

"Hey, what's up with you two? You're so awkward. Even more than normal." Nick stated.

"Oh yeah when I look at it, it does. Don't tell me...... did something happen?" Mark smirked.

"No, why would something happen?" I said keeping my calm as if nothing had happened.

"You sure?" Gabby asked teasingly.

"Positive" I said.

"Mmmmmm" they all chroused in before they burst into laughter.

I let out a sigh. I ended up laughing unable to contain it. They all looked at me as if I was crazy.

"You should all see your faces" I said while laughing. I was holding my sides from laughing now.

"It sure is nice to see you laughing like this." Gabby said. "Yeah, well haven't seen it in a very long time" Nick said.

I really didn't get time to hang out with them lately.

I was so busy with mom and work, I never really seemed to have time.

It was so nice to be able to be there with them all laughing and having fun together. Even Ashton was having fun.

But I just had this feeling.

A bad one.

We both left after excusing ourselves and saying bye. "I'll drive you home. I want to visit mom at the hospital" I said.

"Want me to come with you?" He asked. "Sure, if you want." I replied.

We drove in silence.

"Look I'm um like sorry that I yelled at you at the hospital. I didn't mean to say it." He said breaking the icy silence between us.

"It's all right. I shouldn't have just... it's okay" I said.

I turned up the music trying to make it more comfortable. It seemed to work a bit.

I was by now singing away while driving as Ashton looked as if he was going to die from laughing.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

"Hey mom!" I yelled. "Hi honey" she said weakly. She still had the IV pole attached to her. "Oh you bought Ashton. Hi" she said waving her hand at him.