Flesh and Stone I

"Up, up, look up." I command straight away. The Angels will catch up. 

River stands proud while cradling Iris. Everyone else struggles to their feet. "Are you okay?" River was a kind women, her eyes held a vault of secrets though. She is lucky I trust her (ish). She continued talking to Amy but they weren't looking up

"Up. Up. Look up." It is important, why can't they see it?

"Where are we?" Amy needs to learn to observe, with her eyes.

"Exactly where we were." Rivers good at it already.

"No we're not." Ah, that's what I am looking for, I scoot Amy out the way and sonic the hatch.

"Doctor, what am I looking at? Explain." Ugh, human brains.

"Oh, come on, Amy, think. The ship crashed with the power still on, yeah? So what else is still on?" Please, hurry and process this, we don't have time. "The artificial gravity. One good jump, and up we fell. Shot out the grav globe to give us an updraft, and here we are." I smile at the end.

"Doctor, the statues. They look more like Angels now." Octavian is a slow observer too.

"They're feeding on the radiation from the wreckage, draining all the power from the ship, restoring themselves. Within an hour, they'll be an army." It was obvious was it not? I was finally able to open the hatch as the lights started to flicker, "They're taking out the lights. Look at them. Look at the Angels. Into the ship, now. Quickly, all of you."

"How?" That's such an Amy thing to do, I quickly hop in and she yells out for me.

"It's just a corridor. The gravity orientates to the floor. Now, in here, all of you. Don't take your eyes off the Angels. Move, move, move." As they hop in I scan the panel on the side to see how much energy we have left.

"The Angels. Presumably they can jump up too?" Okay, have to admit, that was a decent question.

The hatched closed to give us a little extra protection, well not really, it'll only give us seconds. But you can do a lot with a couple seconds, "They're here, now. In the dark, we're finished." A bulkhead further along the corridor starts to close. "Run!" We miss our chance to get through the door. "No, it's a time bomb. Well, it's a death trap and a time bomb. And now it's a dead end. Nobody panic." The Angels start to break through and Iris groans in pain, "Oh, just me then. What's through here?" I response to Octavian's previous response.

"Secondary flight deck." River places Iris next to the door and begins to work.

"Okay. so we've basically run up the inside of a chimney, yeah? So what if the gravity fails?" Oh, Amy.

"I've thought about that." Please let me spare you the horrors.

"And?" Dammit, guess not.

"And we'll all plunge to our deaths. See? I've thought about it. The security protocols are still live. There's no way to override them. It's impossible."

River is working on a panel, likely trying to open the door. "How impossible?" Oo, smart girl.

"Two minutes." The Angel breach the hatch and the power start to fail. Octavian points this out. The lights go out but I continue working. I have to save them.

"Doctor? Lights." I can't focus all the energy in lights, we only have so little.

"Clerics, keep watching them." Octavian commands his man, I can't have another situation like Amy's on my hands so I tell the not to look at the eyes.

"I've isolated the lighting grid. They can't drain the power now." This was pointless, I need that power to open the door.

"Good work, Doctor." No Octavian, it was pointless work, glad you appreciate it though.