Cold Blood III

"Toxic fumigation initiated." The Computer called out again.

Amy at the monitors, "They're going. We're clear."

"Okay, everyone follow Nasreen. Look for a blue box. Get ready to run." The Doctor shouted. I knew where the Tardis was, but I didn't think I would make it.

"Return to cryo-chambers." The Computer told the Reptilians.

"I'm sorry." The Doctor looked to Eldane.

"I thought for a moment, our race and the humans-"

The Doctor seemed to know what he was saying, "Yeah, me too."

"Doctor, We've got less than six minutes." Amy was frantic.

"Go. Go! I'm right behind you." I did as told and went to the Tardis, every one following me. Except for the Doctor who was talking to Eldane.

"Immediate evacuation."

Rory passed us, heading the wrong way, "Other way, idiot." Amy was such a loving woman.

"Toxic fumigation is about to commence. Immediate evacuation."

We had slowed down for the Doctor. When he caught up he gestured for us to go faster, "Come on."

"Toxic fumigation is about to commence."

The Doctor pushes people into the Tardis, "No questions, just get in. And yes, I know, it's big. Ambrose, sickbay up the stairs, left, then left again, Get yourself fixed up. Come on. Five minutes and counting. Not here." There is a crack in the wall. I get closer, it was burning and calling out to me.

"Not now. It's getting wider." The Doctor tried to pull me back but I was too close.

"The crack on my bedroom wall." Amy keeps bringing that up. The Space tadpoles called it the Silence.

"Two parts of space and time that should never have touched, right here." He pulls me back again, "And the Byzantium. All through the universe, rips in the continuum."

"How can it be following me?" Amy thinks it's following her, no, it's not following her. It is following it's center. All explosions have an impact zone, so it might be following her but I doubt it.

"Some sort of space-time cataclysm. An explosion, maybe. Big enough to put cracks in the universe. But what?" I say this aloud and Bow-tie looks scared for me.

"Four minutes fifty. We have to go." Amy tried to drag him away, it didn't work.

The Doctor got frustrated, "The Angels laughed when I didn't know. Prisoner Zero knew. Iris even seems to know more than me. Everybody knows except me."

"Doctor, just leave it." Rory calls from over by the Tardis.

"But where there's an explosion, there's shrapnel." The Doctor connected my statement from earlier.

"Doctor, you can't put your hand in there." But it was too late, the Doctor put a red handkerchief over his hand and reaches into the crack.

"Why not?" He questions, his hand burns, I can feel time burning. I collapse to the floor. "Argh. I've got something."

The world is fading out, I see a bright light. No one notices. No one ever notices that one is in pain until it is to late. And soon, I am one with the end of time.

***

So, that was how I died. I died by being forgotten. But, I didn't die.

I looked around and saw that I was in a memory, The last breakfast with Rose and John. I was being erased? Cool, my theory was right. Bad my theory was right.

"So, what was the dream about this time?" I took the spot of my former self.

"It was the best adventure yet, I was in the Tardis this time. With a redhead, an idiot, and a nurse. We had the greatest time." 

Rose laughed, "Such a cool dream. I wish I could travel."

I nodded and then I was in a new memory.

"You useless brat! Why did I ever take you in! You are nothing but an insolent child!" Don't you just love your mom?

"At least I had meant something to someone. At least I did more with my life then you would ever do with yours." She looked shocked at my words.

This was the time I had finally left her. 

"When you stop being a bitch, come and find me." I was about to leave through the door when I called over my shoulder, "And just know, that I love you. Even if it kills me." I slammed the door behind me and left.

I was in a new memory now. One that I don't recall.

The drums pounded louder in my head. A man with blonde hair looked at the sky that was filled with ashes, "Are you happy Daleks? You won! I gave in, I destroyed them all! Is that what you wanted?"

He gets on his knees and cried, "I just wanted to be in control. I just wanted the drums to stop." He pulled a watch from his pocket, "Maybe this, maybe this will end it."

I followed him as he walked to a barn with a large box in his hands. I watched as he talked to the War Doctor, or at least an image of him. I watched as he slammed a button down and we got blasted to an old Tardis, Type 32 if I remember correctly. I watched as he sobbed, and started to glow. He was regenerating. 

He then changed into a young she, into me. I snuffled, "I have to end this. I cannot deal with the drums any longer. Not the failures." She used a watch hooked up to the Tardis. Then she stumbled away.

I was then in the Doctor's Tardis with the same watch, I was in the Galifrey Gallery. "This will be a peaceful place to rest." I laid down in the branches of a tree and fell asleep.

*Doctor's POV*

I had lost everything. Rory was dead, Iris was gone, and Amy was none the wiser.

I had lost Iris too soon, I didn't even get to tell her how I felt. It was just me and Amy now. Me, Amy, and a future of an imploding Tardis. 

At least I remembered, at least I could pass on the legacy of my two brave, kind friends. And at least I had had the connections to meet them in the first place. 

I head to Iris' room and start to tidy it up. I don't have to, but I want to. I look by the computer and see a blinking light, It was a message. I opened it.

Iris' face popped up, she was smiling and laughing, "Doctor, you can be quite the jokester sometimes. But, now it is time to get serious." She tried to look serious but still couldn't stop smiling.

"I know that there are risk when travelling with you. I have seen many of them in my dreams." She cleared her throat, "If I am to take one of these risks, and no longer travel with you, please do two things for me."

"1) Smile. Don't be sad, you mourn for so much. I wish for you to think of me with joy. I wish for there to be a smile upon your face, for your smile is wonderful, and hardly ever sees the light."

"2) on a file in my computer I have a journal. Only read it if there is no possible way for you to see me. It is my entire life. It is all my experiences and emotions. Read them in order, because I know that you like time jumbled up, but my life was pretty linear until I met you."

She smiled even wider, "I am glad to have met you Doctor."

She looks like she is about to end it but stops, "Oh yeah! Um, Be kinder to the Tardis. You open her door the wrong way and you fiddle with things too roughly sometimes. It was a little uncomfortable for the Tardis and I... That's all I have to say. Love you, Doctor!" She winks and the screen turns up to her log-in page.

I wipe my face, tears had fallen from my eyes. Then I smile, just as she asked me too. I try to log on the computer, the password wasn't her birthday, it wasn't Tardis, or password. It was Galifrey_Gallery. I had seen it on a sticky-note and used it.

When I got in I saw a file and opened it. I started with her second request. I read it from start to finish. I took the time to read it rather than super skim through it. All the way to the last page.

***

:O, Oh wow. There will be one last chapter in this book, then It will be the end... Or will it?