Time Of Angels II

Outside had reeked of burning oil and my heart pinged with pain and sorrow. People were on that ship, now they weren't.

River and the Doctor were talking as I was trying to keep from puking. I felt weak, hungry, and heavy. I decided to walk closer so that I wasn't completely out of the loop.

"Amy Pond, Iris Grey, Professor River Song."

"Ah, I'm going to be a Professor some day, am I? How exciting. Spoilers." So the Doctor knew her future but not her? That's weird. 

"Where's Dr. Wildes though?"

"Wildes? She's busy."

I zone out again with the feelings overwhelming me. I take it back, I like boring. The Doctor notices and steps away, "You okay?" I shake my head no and he rubs my back, "I knew we should've left."

The other girls start laughing and the Doctor heads back over to them. "I'm nobody's taxi service. I'm not going to be there to catch you every time you feel like jumping out of a space ship."

River and Doctor are cute together, I won't lie. Her taunting voice knocks him down a peg or two. "And you are so wrong." She pauses, "There's one survivor. There's a thing in the belly of that ship that can't ever die." This caught my attention, Is that what I felt? "Now he's listening." River then walks off to uses her device. "You lot in orbit yet? Yeah, I saw it land. I'm at the crash site. Try and home in on my signal. Doctor, can you sonic me? I need to boost the signal so we can use it as a beacon."

He does so, if not begrudgingly. 

"Ooo, Doctor, you sonic-ed her." Amy said with a sense of teasing about her.

River and the Doctor then appeared to swap notes, that is until I hear, "Her past, my future. Time travel. We keep meeting in the wrong order." And I started to pay more attention to them and less on my illness. I was lucky too, if not I would've been sucked into mini tornadoes.

An older man came over and started talking to River, "You promised me an army, Doctor Song."

"No, I promised you the equivalent of an army. This is the Doctor." River corrected him. 

The Doctor saluted at the man who looked at him in awe, "Father Octavian, Sir. Bishop, second class. Twenty clerics at my command. The troops are already in the drop ship and landing shortly. Doctor Song was helping us with a covert investigation. Has Doctor Song explained what we're dealing with?"

"Doctor, what do you know of the Weeping Angels?" At this I stumbled away to puke in peace. Too much happened at once. Luckily no one paid any mind.

***

Night had fallen and the rest of the troops had arrived with their supplies in a small storage container type thing. They had set up camp around it. We walked in as Octavian explained the situation, "The Angel, as far as we know, is still trapped in the ship. Our mission is to get inside and neutralize it. We can't get through up top, we'd be too close to the drives. According to this, behind the cliff face there's a network of catacombs leading right up to the temple. We can blow through the base of the cliffs, get into the entrance chamber, then make our way up." Aren't Bishops supposed to be peaceful? 

"Oh, good." The Doctor was sarcastic, the king of sarcasm.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when Octavian left and Amy spoke up, "You're letting people call you sir. You never do that. So, whatever a Weeping Angel is, it's really bad, yeah?"

"Now that's interesting. You're still here. Which part of wait in the Tardis till I tell you it's safe was so confusing?" The Doctor was grumpy and as much as I wanted to leave, the pain was calling out to me. I walked closer to the soldiers, I felt fear, I became fearful, but not with my own fear. It was the Doctor's, and the men's, It was the Weeping Angels. Why was it scared? What could scare the beast? Perhaps the Doctor, that was what it was scared of.