Amy's Choice IV

"Ah, it's colder." Yes Amy, it is.

"The three of us have to agree, now, which is the dream." I wish I could say which one, but Iris-

"It's this, here." Of course you would think that Rory.

Amy sides with him, "He could be right. The science is all wrong here. Burning ice?"

I shake my head in disagreement, "No, no, no. Ice can burn. Sofas can read. It's a big universe. We have to agree which battle to lose. All of us, now."

"Okay, which world do you think is real?" Neither can be if Iris' scan was correct.

I prefer this one though, "This one." 

Rory disagrees, "No, the other one."

"Yeah, but are we disagreeing or competing?" I wish Iris was here to tell me the emotions of the room, that's make this easier. I look at my watch, "Nine minutes till impact."

"What temperature is it?" That doesn't matter Amy.

"Outside? Brrr. How many noughts have you got? Inside? I don't know but I can't feel my feet and other parts." It was quite uncomfortable.

"I  think all my parts are basically fine." Stop competing, and don't touch the phone, "Can't we call for help?"

"Yeah, because the universe is really small and there's bound to be someone nearby." I tap Rory's head, maybe it'll get his last few brain cells to work. You know, the ones that aren't frozen.

Amy throws blankets at us, "Put these on, both of you." She has cut holes in my blankets. 

"Oh, a poncho. The biggest crime against fashion since lederhosen." Rory comments, I smell the blanket and find that it is Iris', she will be mad if she finds out that Amy cut a hole in it.

"Here we go. My boys. My poncho boys. If we're going to die, let's die looking like a Peruvian folk band." Amy tried to lift the spirits, so I smile.

"We're not going to die." That's right Rory, I won't let us. I already let one go and it is tearing my souls remnants apart.

"No, we're not, but our time's running out." I start to fidget, I always do if I am nervous, "If we fall asleep here we're in trouble. If we could divide up, then we'd have an active presence in each world, but the Dream Lord is switching us between the worlds. Why? Why? what's the logic?" 

Dream Lord pops up, "Good idea, veggie. Let's divide you three up, so I can have a little chat with our lovely companion. Maybe I'll keep her, and you can have Pointy Nose to yourself for all eternity, should you manage to clamber aboard some sort of reality." No, the birdsong starts and I head over to Amy.

"Amy, don't be scared. We'll be back."

***

I activate Iris' sonic screwdriver, "Okay, where is it?" I hit the frequency, then opens the door and zaps the lights. The old people close their eyes and mouths, and I can escape. As I step out of the shop I see trouble. People shout for help and I know what I must do. Too many lives were lost by my hands, I shall save as many as I could.

The running was annoying though, "Oh, you couldn't live near the shops, could you." I knock Mister Nainby down and get into the driver's seat. "It's okay, it's only me." I take the wheel and drive, picking up families as we go, then drop them off at the church.

The Dream Lord appears wearing a peach racing suit and holding a full face helmet. Why must everyone complain about my driving? "It's make your mind up time in both worlds."

"Fine. I need to find my friends." I looked at him in the reflection.

"Friends? Is that the right word for the people you acquire? Friends are people you stay in touch with. Your friends never see you again once they've grown up. The old man prefers the company of the young, does he not?" Shut it. Luckily, The Dream Lord vanishes again, and I arrive at the cottage.