Chapter Eight

Ting has been together with Dylan's best friend, Li Xi Zi, for a year when she decided to introduce an up and coming model she has become friends with to the other boys.

She had initially tried to pair Bai to Kuan because her friend liked soft and gentle guys and Kuan is the softest of all of them.

But it was Didi and Bai who hit it off upon their first conversation, eventually becoming a couple after a few months of their meeting.

And although the first part of their relationship had to be long distance (because both of them were flying to different locations for work), everyone cheered them on and wanted them to succeed because of how dedicated they were to one another.

There was even a time she told Xi Zi that she envied the two.

As time progressed, Dylan showed his consistency while Ting noticed her friend, Bai, start displaying erratic behavior.

It began with small things.

She would get jealous with his friendship with a female co-star.

She would stalk the times he is online on social media and check if he had already said goodnight before and after he was online.

More than once, she admitted to Ting to checking out his phone when he isn't looking.

And then it snowballed.

She would make it difficult for him to see her and say yes to jobs that she knows might be at the same time he is free from work and then, have him visit her on set, even showing him off.

She wouldn't answer his phone calls and then pretend she was busy and be all sympathetic and apologetic about missing his call and talk to him as if nothing happened.

Once, Bai even confronted another model who was paired with Dylan for a shoot and it took her management and Ting working as a middle man to assuage the other model and ask her to not go public with what happened.

This led Ting confronting Bai about this seeming "lack of trust".

"Has Dylan been unfaithful?"

"No."

"Ok. Has Dylan showed interest in another girl that is beyond the normal appreciation of her beauty?"

"No."

"Does he seem like he isn't in love with you anymore?"

"No."

"Then I don't get it!"

She asked Bai what is the reason for her behavior.

Her friend explained that there are so many people attracted to him and she feels inadequate.

Ting sat her down and talked her trough it. Being in the fashion industry, she knew all about feeling inadequate, feeling insecure, feeling like you are never enough.

Models like them eat rejections for breakfast and the pressure of looking your best but still not looking like the client wants you too can make anyone go crazy.

And being with Dylan could add to that pressure since he is one of the biggest superstars in their country – the world even.

"I can't help it", Bai declared, "Every time someone comments about him, gushes about him, declares they love him, or asks me about him, I just... I just lose it."
Being in a relationship with one of the most attractive men in the world has never been easy.

"Do not forget who you are Bai. You are a model, declared as the up and coming face of China. You walk for all of the major fashion houses. You are not just anyone. Remember who you are too", she advised.
And that was probably what triggered the woman to ask for a break from Dylan.