Chapter Twenty-Six

Kris called everyone for pick-me-up basketball at seven in the morning and then some breakfast at around nine.

He endured his friends teasing him about being single, hence, monopolizing all of them for the very start of the day on QiXi but really, he just wanted to see all of them especially Dylan again, and put their plans to work before he leaves to record in the US.

He could be away for a month and he would absolutely miss out on so much.

Jackson and Kang, however, seems to have ALREADY missed out on informing any one of them about a new development.

"I'm telling you guys, if you all saw DiDi", Jackson commented after regaling all of them with a few details of the Bulgari Hotel face-off, "You'd be goddamn proud. He went full on best actor on Nian Zhen, the guy stood no chance!"

Their table exploded.

"I still cannot believe this!"

"When did this happen?!?!"

"Why didn't you just challenge him to a fight???"

"How come we didn't know about this?"

"Who else knows?!?!"

"Kang you were there too????"

"Gentlemen. Gentlemen...", Wu Yi called for calm, "DiDi will tell us more about it. Right?"

The guy had a sheepish smile on his face. "I just told him to back off. That's all."

"You told him a whole lot more idiot", Kang added, "You made the guy shake, he had to ask me whether I will still have his back."

"What else did you say?", Kuan asked.

"Come on tell us!", Zhi Ting pushed.

"Are you embarrassed by it?", Jackson teased.

"Hey!", DiDi reacted, "Of course not! I am just... well... OK GUYS CAN YOU ALL JUST BACK UP A BIT?!?!?!"

Kris laughed when he realized that all of them were actually all leaning forward, excited to hear what their friend will say.

They relaxed back into their chairs.

"It's because you're acting like a silly elementary school girl", Xi Ze countered.

"We're all acting like silly elementary school girls, to be fair", Huang declared.

"He's the cause of this", Cheng Cheng hooked an arm around his seatmate's back, who continued to look flustered.

DiDi shook his head. "It's just that... guys I know that you already know all about this – what I feel for her? And... well, I even told her ex about it. I just want that the next time I say it, I say it to her."

"THAT'S IT!", Jackson stood up and acted as if he's leaving. Xi Zi held on to him.

"Ge, what are you doing?"

"I've been warning this guy since yesterday that he should stop acting like he's the only gentleman in the country! He's giving all of us a bad rep!"

A round of laughter.

DiDi looked like he just wants to dissolve in to thin air with all of their antics.

"Well, we all should really get angry. He's not only a gentleman. He's working really fast too", Xi Ze commented.

"What do you mean?", Kris asked.

The other guy smiled smugly. "He asked Shen Yue out on a date today."