Chapter Nine

Four years ago...

"They're very close", Nian Zhen commented to Kang as they watched Dylan and Yue competitively play against one another in the humongous claw machine found at the ground floor of a super arcade center.

Huei An closed out the four-floor adult playground and invited as many friends as she can for her birthday celebration.

Kang had joked that he didn't know he had a kid for a girlfriend.

"If you are going to pursue Yue, you cannot be jealous of her relationship with Didi or any of her other friends", he commented to Huei An's brother now.

The man had talked to him about wanting to date Yue and he's been giving him advice on how to win the woman's heart.

"Who says I'm jealous? I'm just making an observation."

He snorted. "And out of everyone that Yue has interacted with, you decide to make that observation with Dylan."

Nian Zhen managed to look red in the face. "Well... they sort of seem special to one another."

Kang clamped him on the shoulder. "Don't get jealous of Dylan."

"I just told you, I'm not jealous."

"Sure. And I am not your sister's boyfriend."

The other guy removed his hand and shook his head. "I really am not."

"Make sure that you are not. Those two are inseparable and are almost like siblings already. If there is any guy friend of Yue's that you should be wooing for his good graces, it should be Dylan."

"Not you?"

"They're closer than we are. And Yue truly values his opinion more than anyone else's."

"Isn't he younger than her?"

"So?"

"I mean... it's just... it's amazing he's managed to gain her trust like that."

"I told you. They're like siblings", Yue just managed to give Dylan a punch to his side as she took over the claw machine, "They look out for one another."

"So like best friends?"

He shook his head.

It could be a little hard to define their relationship because Kang knows for a fact that Yue talks a lot more to other guys like Kuan and Fei Qi Ming about matters of the heart. And that she really doesn't consider any of her guy friends, a best friend.

But when it comes to important decisions in her life, she definitely puts more store in to what Didi would say.

He's seen it several times, first hand.

When Yue is at a crossroads, she looks for Didi.

"What are they then?", Nian Zhen followed-up.

"It's hard to really put a name to it. But what you should know is that the moment you get jealous of Dylan, you lose. The moment you think of separating Yue from Dylan, you lose. The moment you police her friendship with him, you lose."

"Jesus!"

He chuckled. "Nian Zhen, as I said, probably the closest thing you could call them is siblings. Ever since they became friends, they've really developed a strong and supportive bond of one another."

It could be because she was Dylan's very first leading lady.

Or he could be Yue's very first leading man that she truly became friends with.