Chapter Thirteen

It's a bad day overall for Bai.

She got stuck in traffic, making her an hour late for today's shoot (for the very first time EVER), and got scolded by no other than the venerable and legendary photographer, Hu Gang, himself.

The man is an icon in China's fashion world, nicknamed "Starmaker", and this is the very first time she is working with him. She's wanted to work with him since the very start of her career.

She immediately called her agent, when she excused herself to go to the restroom, and the woman said they will send a gift of apology to the man so Bai's name isn't tarnished.

On top of that morning fiasco, she realized that she also had to work with Tao Shuren, a more senior model known as one of the biggest gossips in the industry, and while she comforted Bai since she herself was five minutes late, she knows that she has to be careful because anymore misstep would be broadcasted to everyone and anyone important.

Tao Shuren may not be the top model in the country but she is part of the top five and despite her mouth, people grovel at her feet.

And now, she managed to capture the attention of almost everyone in the room after making quite a salacious announcement.

"I know who the Vogue Italia cover went to."

Bai knows no one is sure how she is able to get her information but she is rarely wrong.

"Shuren!", their photographer's assistant, finishing up with disentangling cords, exclaimed, "How do you even know this?!?"

"Honey, you know I never speak about my sources or how they share their stories with me."

That's one thing. Because she has so many friends and is known to so many people, it's so hard to pin down who fed her information.

And most of the time, it's been whispered behind closed doors that she is told just so the story would spread.

Tao Shuren may be a gossip but she IS the most reliable gossip.

"Who is it?", another one of the models and a senior to Bai, Sun Delan, asked.

Initially, she tried to show a façade of indifference to this talk by continuing to scrub her face clean of make-up but when she heard the name that came out of Shuren's mouth, she couldn't help uttering, "No way!"

There was smug laughter at her reaction. "I even know who the photographer will be! Want to make bets?"

"SHEN YUE?!?!", Delan exclaimed at possibly her voice's highest pitch, "SHE BAGGED VOGUE ITALIA?!?!"

"She has very strong backing. Lang Wuying has decided to take her on as one of her new clients."

OK.

No wonder.

Lang Wuying is the most fearsome fashion stylist in China.

A complete renegade, who studied under Karl Lagerfeld, and then broke away from him to go back to Shanghai to create her own empire. She worked as Editor-at-Large for Vogue, Editorial Consultant for Harper's Bazaar, Co-managed Elle and Esquire, until she eventually took the back seat and focused on styling.

Not only is she famous for turning a number of famous actresses into absolute fashion mavens, she is also famous for being the one to choose who she styles.

If you approach her, you will immediately be shot down.

Stories have gone around about a couple of top-tier actresses trying to woo her and being refused.