Chapter Twenty-Eight

Hao saw the necklace and told Dylan he should hide it before they deplane. The man was fixing his shirt and putting his hair inside a cap when he noticed it.

He hasn't seen it in years, was surprised he was even able to recognize it, and it peaked his interest to see the man wearing it now. He could not help but ask.

"It that a new necklace?"

Dylan smiled. "It's Yue's."

He provided no other explanation why it's with him. His charge isn't normally so tight-lipped and this further stoked his curiosity.

He wanted to ask more for he knew that Dylan has just broken up with Bai.

And rumor has been going around about Yue rejecting her boyfriend's marriage proposal.

The meteor necklace showing itself now is too uncanny for it to mean nothing.

But as they walked and fans swarmed them in the airport, he had to focus on ensuring they could both proceed to the pick-up point without delay.

"Take care DiDi!"

"Have a great day DiDi!"

"Enjoy your work DiDi!"

His fans once again inundated him with letters and he took each one of them, going back for one even (from a young girl whose face Hao has seen for the very first time).

"DiDi, I'm also a Shen Yue fan. I know she is your best friend. I hope she is ok", the fan had said – which is very brave considering that Hao knows how rabid some of Dylan's fans are. Any mention of his female costars always seem to go down badly with them.

He hopes they won't bully the girl later.

"Thank you", Dylan says and nods at the young girl before continuing on.

When they reach the car and he bids everyone goodbye, Hao watches him unpack the letters.

He normally spends his time reading them on the way to wherever their destination is and then gives them to him for safe-keeping.

Dylan has boxes at home where the letters he receives from fans are arranged in clear files arranged by month and year. He also earmarks his favorites and those that were given to him under very special circumstances or by very special people – he once visited a fan in a hospital very discreetly during his Time Detective shoots as the fan was with cancer.

They had an assistant once before who threw away fan letters and he became very upset over it.

Dylan's mother had told him to preciously care for fan letters for the effort they give into writing it and giving it to him.

He gave all of the letters to him as soon as he was done reading except for one.

"Are you not reading that?"

"It's for Shen Yue. I will just give it to her."

"DiDi... be careful", is the only thing he could tell him as he knows nothing of what could possibly be going on.

"Don't worry Hao-ge", the man answered, "I will be very careful."

He nodded at this.

"I have someone very important I need to think about too so I'm taking every care I can", Dylan further assured him, "Trust in me."

***

Shen Yue looked at the messages on her phone and the multitude of missed calls.

All from Nian Zhen.