Chapter Twelve

"He and Yue are together?!?!?", Ting almost choked on bone broth.

Xi Zi immediately handed her a tissue and then readied a glass of water.

This is their first dinner together since her return to Beijing yesterday and he especially cooked the broth for her to rejuvenate. She'd been slurping at it happily until he dropped that bomb.

Her boyfriend waited for her to compose herself before continuing, "Didi told me about it but said that she's going through something important and he wants to be there for her, although, he says he really can't tell me anything about it yet or that maybe, eventually, Yue will talk about it instead."

She tried to think of whether any information about Yue has circulated about her being in Italy but could not remember seeing any news of it in Weibo.

"I hope it's nothing serious", she finally managed to string together.

"Didi sounded worried when I said the same thing but he said, she's going to get better. She is Shen Yue after all."

Hmmmmm... what could possibly be happening to her?

The last time they saw one another at a Dior event and was able to catch up, she looked radiant and carefree.

"Oh God! I hope Bai does not find out", she suddenly remembers.

The woman would go ballistic.

Xi Zi raised a brow at that. "She doesn't seem like she would be jealous of Yue."

"But she is."

"I've never seen that."

Ting rolled her eyes. "Of course, you haven't. Bai has always effectively hidden that from everyone, ESPECIALLY DYLAN."

That information definitely surprised her boyfriend for he stopped eating altogether. "You seem to know about it but this is the first time you told me. Is everything ok?"

It touched her that before Xi Zi launched into a thousand questions about Bai's duplicity, he checked on her first.

"I'm tired of covering up for her", she admitted to him, "And I do worry what she'll do when she finds out that Dylan chose to be with Yue instead of her in Italy. As it is, she was already able to learn that he planned a surprise for her but he did not go through with it."

"Hold on! Hold on! What do you mean by covering up for Bai?"

She took a deep breath and, also, stopped eating.

It's been on her mind since that night she and Bai had a fight in Rome, so much so that she changed flight schedules just to ensure she doesn't have to be with the other model for a while.

Ting has decided that she wants to stop being a person who covers up what Bai has been lacking in her relationship with Dylan – which is trust.

She loves them both, together and as individuals. And she wants for the two of them to be happy.

But Bai is being unfair in making Dylan go through so much without being honest with him.

She keeps trying to project an image of a confident and supportive girlfriend when in truth, her insecurities are eating her up from the inside out.

They cannot get back together again if she doesn't change that.

They will only end up hurting each other, Bai probably causing Dylan more pain than he for her.

She does not want to be an accessory to that.

"Love, I don't even know where to start. I've been doing it for so long it feels toxic already."