two

I exit the school and look around the crowded senior parking lot. I watch my entire grade get into their expensive cars and speed away. I have this weird idea of how rich kids live.

In my mind they all compete with each other for the most materialistic objects, all while being sneaky about it. Wealthy teens are just so stuck up and cocky and I absolutely hate it. I have no idea what car Lanie drives considering I have never been in it.

Since the broken down vehicle Jake and I share is a beat up chevy, which is embarrassing to drive, i'm going to take a guess and say she cruises around in a brand new mercedes.

My eyes scan for her curly hair and cheetah print skirt, looking past all of the cars. I spot her waving over to me, standing in front of a honda. I mentally laugh to myself as I make my way over to her.

"Hey." She grins as she gets into the driver's seat.

"Hey." I return the greeting by getting in after her. An air freshener that smells like flowers hangs over the rearview mirror.

This is the cleanest car I have ever seen, not that i'm shocked. Lanie is a neat freak and loves to be organized.

"I'm so glad the day is over." She exclaims as she drives out of the parking lot.

"Me too." I sigh and look out the window.

"So, did you talk to the new guy? Everyone is talking about him." She smirks as she looks straight ahead.

"Yeah, I did. His name is Tom and he's really hot." I pull my bottom lip between my teeth just thinking about him.

"Yay!" She happily exclaims with a radiant smile. "Details please! Did you get his number?"

"We were flirting, but no number." I say with a defeated tone. "You have your brother-in-law to thank for that." My skin twitches just thinking back to the situation.

"Grayson?" Lanie questions as she glances back at me. "He's still messing with you?"

"Yeah, I don't think he'll ever stop." I groan and lean my head against the leather seat.

"He can be quite the handful." She shakes her head with a sigh.

"He is so fucking annoying." I could go on and on about how angry he gets me, but I bite my tongue. Ethan is my friend and that's his brother, I don't want to cause any issues.

"Don't let him get to you, he's an ass." Lanie agrees with me.

I nod my head and continue to look out the window. My body immediately tenses when she turns down the richest block in my town. I try to wipe the surprised expression off of my face. I never knew too much about the Dolan twins.

I knew they had to be wealthy for Grayson to be the conceited asshole that he is, but Ethan is so different. He's sweet like his girlfriend and doesn't let the money get to his head. Each house is larger and nicer than the next, but the house in the court is the biggest.

When she pulls up to it, I can feel my breathing stop. There is a gorgeous black porsche and a white jeep parked in the driveway.

"Ethan lives here?" I stutter in complete shock. The north side is filled with simple rich people, but this is a whole different level of having money.

"Yeah, his dad is a doctor and his mom is a lawyer." The words roll casually out of her mouth.

She turns the car off and gets out of it, fixing her hair in the process. I slowly open the door and heavily gulp. I have never felt so intimidated in my life.

We walk over to the front and she rings the doorbell. The double doors open and Ethan appears in front of us.

"Hey." He steps to side to let us in.