thirty one

"Grayson, open up! Please!" I scream as my fists pound against the door. His porsche is the only car in sight so I know he's home. As I bang, my head turns to look behind my shoulder.

I'm paranoid that my father is going to find me. The door swings open and my eyes meet his. Before he can get in a word, I rush into the house and cling onto his body. I hug him so tightly, not wanting to let go.

"What the hell happened?" He asks as his arms wrap around me.

"Lock the door, hurry." I bury my face into his chest while letting out a sob.

He slowly pulls my body away from his while holding me in his arms. "Oh my god, your face." He whispers as he cups my cheeks.

"Is it that bad?" I gulp while looking into his eyes.

"Who did this to you?" He angrily responds as he examines my broken features.

"My dad." I sob thinking back to it. "He slapped and punched and kicked me." I cry even harder as I turn back around and slam the front door shut, making sure I lock it.

"Why the fuck did he do that?" He places his hands on my shoulders. "Stella, we need to call the cops."

"They aren't going to do anything." I wince in pain as I look down at the ground.

"Come with me." He gently holds my hand and carefully guides me over to the kitchen. He gets an ice pack out of the freezer and hands it to me.

"Thank you." I mutter and place it on my cheek.

"Ice it as much as you can, bruises are already forming." He sadly tells me as he steps closer to my body. "How the fuck could he do this to you?"

"He's an abusive monster." I cry out as I stare directly at him.

"Has he ever hit you before?"

"No, it only took eighteen years for him to snap." I mutter as I press the ice to my cheek.

"It's taking everything in me not to go over to your house right now and kick his ass." He angrily runs his hands through his hair.

"No, don't leave me." I beg as I stare up at him.

"I would never." He whispers as he looks down at me.

"He called me ugly, and a waste." I stare down at my shoes as more tears trickle down my face.

"Is he kidding?" He places his hand on my shoulder, causing my eyes to motion up to him. "You are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen."

"Really?" I whisper as my voice shakes, shocked by his powerful words.

"Of course." He lightly grins as he stares at me. "Don't listen to him, you aren't a waste."

"Thank you." I nod with a gulp.

He lightly smiles again as he pushes a strand of my hair behind my ear. "Are you still in pain?"

"Yeah, my back is killing me. He slammed me against the wall."

"Are you fucking serious?" He raises his voice, which causes me to flinch. "Stella, I'm so sorry. You don't deserve any of this."

"That's my life." I whisper as I stare at him.

"It shouldn't be." He shakes his head as he goes over to the refrigerator. Once a cold water bottle is in his hand, he pulls out some advil for me to take. "Here, this should help."

I nod my head and pop the pill in my mouth. After chugging down the water, I place the bottle on the counter.

"You're okay, Stella." He whispers again.