twenty nine

I wobble down Grayson's block in tight black heels, courtesy of Lanie. I asked her to borrow a dress and shoes for her birthday bash along with some makeup.

She happily agreed and practically gave me everything in her room. A short black dress hugs my body and some light makeup takes up my face. I don't look or feel like myself, which I hate. I feel uncomfortable and awkward.

My eyes widen when I approach the driveway, seeing a long stretch limo taking up half of the space. Nerves fill my body as I continue to walk up.

Grayson and Ethan are standing by the front door. Grayson is wearing a white t-shirt tucked into black jeans. A silver belt sits on his waist and dress shoes are placed on his feet. Ethan is wearing a button down black shirt tucked into denim jeans.

They both spot me at the same time, with two different expressions on their face. Ethan's holds a wide and inviting smile while Grayson's jaw hangs a bit lower. His eyes scan my appearance as his adam's apple bobs up and down.

"Stella! Wow, you look amazing." Ethan greets me with a tight and warm hug.

I return the gesture by hugging him back. "Thank you, and you look very handsome."

"It's a big night, my girl is finally eighteen." He smiles widely as we pull away from our embrace.

"I bet she's thrilled." I laugh as I continue to stare at him.

"Yes, she's been waiting all year for this day." He laughs with a nod.

"Mr. Dolan?" The limo driver steps out of the car, calling out to Ethan. "What is the address again?"

"Excuse me." Ethan says before walking away from me.

My orbs look up to Grayson, who already has his eyes on me. I can feel an unwanted warmness flood through my body as he stares at me, practically speechless.

"Um, you look-"

"Fine?" I raise my eyebrows while keeping my gaze on him.

"No, uh, I mean-"

"Just say it, it's okay." I reassure him with a tiny grin.

"I was going to say beautiful." He scratches the back of his neck while gulping. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you." Chills run down my spine as I look down at my dress. "Lanie gave me everything, can you tell?" I lighten the tension by laughing.

"It still, uh, looks good on you." His eyes move down my body and a pit forms in my stomach.

My mind begins to flash back to our bodies connected to each other in the pool. Fuck, I need to stop thinking about it.

"So, what's with the limo?" I change the subject by motioning toward it.

"We're picking Lanie up in it, she has no idea. Ethan planned this whole night out for her." Grayson clears his throat.

"Wow, that's awesome. She's going to be stoked." I nod as I stare at the black car.

"He's a hopeless romantic." Grayson lightly rolls his eyes with a laugh.

"It's sweet." I nod while staring back at him.

"You guys ready?" Ethan calls out to us.

"Of course." Grayson responds as he walks over to the limo.

I follow his lead as he opens the door, motioning for me to get in. My skin aches with nerves as I slowly slide into it. I have never seen a limo in real life. In my world they only appear in tv shows and movies, but this isn't my world. This is the extravagant world of the Dolan twins.