twelve

My finger presses the doorbell to the usual mansion that I see way too frequently. I grip onto my bag as I wait for the door to swing open.

I'm wearing a black bikini top with ripped shorts and old flip flops. My hair is tied up into a messy bun so it doesn't get wet. I assume we're going in the giant pool that takes up half of the backyard. The double doors finally open and Ethan is revealed to me.

"Hey Stella, come on in." He smiles as he steps to the side.

I nod my head and enter the house, looking around as if I haven't been here before. I turn back to Ethan and notice that he is wearing a baggy t-shirt and gym shorts.

"He should be right down." He informs me as he walks toward the staircase. "Gray, i'm leaving!" He loudly shouts.

"Leaving?" I raise my eyebrows up. "You aren't hanging out with us?"

"No, i'm going to the gym." He holds up the keys to his jeep.

I let out a small sigh as I nod my head. "Oh, have fun."

"Don't worry, he isn't going to drown you." A laugh leaves his lips.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that." I mutter as he walks out the door.

The silence of the house echoes through me as I let out a another sigh. Knowing Grayson is probably jerking off in his room, I begin to walk around the downstairs area.

I've only been in the kitchen and living room once, so I try to see what else I can find down here. The furniture alone makes me feel like i'm in a museum. I turn into what appears to be an empty room. A low gasp escapes my lips as my eyes focus on a breathtaking grand piano sitting perfectly in the center of it.

I gulp and slowly walk over to it, admiring the glossy texture. I haven't seen a piano since I was five years old. My mom used to bring me to lessons twice a week. A tightness forms in my throat as I run my fingers over the keys, lightly jumping at the sound that bounces off the walls.

Playing the piano seems like such a preppy and girly thing for me to do, but I used to love it. My mom could never afford for my recitals so I just played for fun. It was our special thing, and now it's all gone. It has been since she left thirteen years ago.

"Monroe?" I hear Grayson's masculine voice call from the hallway. I immediately rush away from the piano and exit the room. I watch Grayson stop walking once he spots me. "What were you doing?"

"Nothing, just waiting for you." I sigh as I step closer to him. He's wearing a tank top and bathing suit shorts.

A towel is wrapped around his neck and sneakers are placed on his feet. His eyes roam my exposed skin as his jaw lowly hangs, keeping his stare on my chest.

"My eyes are up here, Dolan." I smirk as I turn around to walk toward the backyard.

"Where are you going?" He questions.

"To the pool?" I stop walking and turn to look at him.

"We aren't going in the pool." He laughs as holds up the keys to his porsche.

"What do you mean? You told me to wear a bathing suit, which I did." I look down at my attire.

"That doesn't mean we're going in the pool." He rolls his eyes and walks back over to the already opened front door.

"Where are we going?" I sigh as I follow him into the hot air.

"Like I would tell you." He shakes his head as he gets behind the wheel. I inhale a breath as I hop into the passenger seat, almost passing out at how nice the clean interior is.