eleven

The sensation of ice cold water abruptly pours over my head, causing my eyes to open. A loud gasp leaves my lips as I wipe some of the water off my face. A low laugh fills my room as I look up at Jake standing over my bed.

"Wake up." He continues to laugh as he places the cup down on my nightstand.

"What the hell?" I groan as my body begins to shiver. "What was that for?"

"It's seven o'clock on a Friday night and you're taking a nap." He crosses his arms over his chest as he stares at me.

"I had to go to a baseball game after school, i'm tired." I mutter as I stand up from my wet bed.

Luckily that was the only time I was able to hang out with Grayson today. After the movie theater fiasco at the beginning of the week we have been hanging out at random locations, mostly hyde park.

"We're having some bonding time tonight, so get your ass dressed." He turns to walk out of my room.

"What?" I arch my eyebrows as I stare at him. "Where are we going to go with no money?"

"Just get dressed." He sighs as he exits my room.

I let out a groan as I throw on a black t-shirt and jeans. My hair is still wet from my interrupted sleep, so I pull it into a high ponytail.

Once my converse are slipped on, I leave my room and head downstairs. Jake is waiting by the front door with the car keys in his hands.

"You're driving?" I look down at the metal between his fingers.

"Yes, don't look so surprised." He quickly rushes out the front door and heads into the muggy air.

I follow after him with a confused expression taking over my face. Jake not being drunk? Something is up with him. I get into the passenger seat as he pulls away from our small home.

"Where are we going?" I turn my body to face him.

"To a pizzeria for dinner." He shrugs as he looks straight ahead.

"What?" I let out a small laugh.

"Do you not want that?" He looks back at me.

"No, I do. We just never eat out, ever."

"Tonight is different." He lightly grins as he looks at the road.

"Why? What's going on with you?" I continue to stare at him.

"Have you always been this annoying?" He rolls his eyes with a heavy sigh.

"I get it from you." I scoff as I lean back in the seat.

He doesn't say anything else, he continues to drive and eventually pulls up the most popular pizzeria in our town. I have never been to it and I don't think he has either. I'm totally confused on why we're even here and not at the local McDonalds.

When we enter the small restaurant the hostess has a large smile on her face. "Hey Jake." The pretty blonde greets us.

I furrow my eyebrows as I stare at him. How the fuck does he know her? She's probably the newest girl he's screwing around with.

"Hey, table for two please." My brother looks back at me.

"Of course, follow me." She smiles as she leads us over to a tiny booth near the door.

She places two menus down and informs us that the waiter will be over shortly. Jake picks up the plastic paper filled with options of different Italian foods to eat. I don't bother to look down, I keep my stare on him.