twenty four

I step out of the backseat of Ethan's jeep, feeling the cool breeze brush against my skin. The bright lights of the crowded carnival radiate half of New Jersey. My heart rate slightly increases as I look out into the distance. The giant ferris wheel captures my attention due to the fact that it's huge.

"I can't wait to get my hands on some cotton candy." Lanie beams while locking her hand with Ethan's.

"My goal is to win you a stuffed bear, just like last year." Ethan smiles as he places a quick kiss on her cheek.

"Couples." Grayson rolls his eyes while looking down at me.

"They make me sick." I joke while staring at them.

"You guys ready?" Ethan asks as we walk toward the entrance.

I simply nod my head and continue to walk forward.

"Get ready to be surrounded by screaming children and couples taking kissing pictures in front of the ferris wheel." Grayson whispers to me.

"Great, my two favorite things!" I say in a high pitched voice, which causes him to laugh.

The atmosphere is filled with fun vibes as we enter the environment. Stationed games to win prizes, exciting rides to go on and endless amounts of food trucks.

Kids rush past us with bright smiles, holding up stuffed animals that they won. The lines for the rides are ridiculously long, but seem worth it. I have never been to an amusement park so all of this is new to me.

"What should we do first?" Lanie asks as she glances at us.

"Doesn't matter." I shrug.

"Gray, how about I kick your ass at skee ball?" Ethan smirks as he challenges his brother.

"Other way around, bro." Grayson rolls his eyes in annoyance.

"You're on." Ethan hits his chest before jogging over to the game.

Lanie shakes her head with a chuckle. "They're so competitive."

"I can tell." I nod my head as we follow them over to the game.

They each get handed four heavy white balls. Ethan goes first, rolling it up the inclined lane. It lands in the "20" hole.

"Watch how it's done." Grayson smirks as he concentrates his focus. He gently tosses the ball up, landing it in the "50" hole.

"Bro, are you serious?" Ethan tugs on his black hair.

"Did you forget he's the star player of the baseball team?" I raise my eyebrows at him.

"It's okay baby, you have three more balls." Lanie encourages her boyfriend.

"Doesn't matter, he knows he's going to lose." Grayson lets out a heavy laugh as Ethan lands the ball in the "10" hole. Grayson proves his dominance by landing it in the "50" hole for the second time. Eventually taking the victory, Grayson lets out a loud scream as he jumps up and down while innocently cursing at Ethan.

"What's that? You said you were going to kick my ass at skee ball?" Grayson obnoxious laughs as he gets in Ethan's face.

"You got lucky tonight." Ethan rolls his eyes and steps back from him.

"What prize do you want?" The boy running the game asks Grayson.

He stops for a moment and scans the many options of cute stuffed animals. He ends up picking a fluffy pink and purple bear.

"How cute." Lanie teases him with a smirk.

"Here." Grayson shocks us all by motioning the prize to me.