ten

Loud rock music blasts through my ears as I exit my math class. The only way to get through the hallway effectively is if I blast any source of volume into my eardrums, drowning out the sound of rich kids talking about their brand new cars.

I dig into the pocket of my jeans, pulling out a wrapper of spearmint gum. Unwrapping the material and popping the minty flavor into my mouth entertains my boredom as I walk through the school.

As i'm entering the english hallway, my left headphone is abruptly pulled out of my ear. My head shoots up to see Grayson walking next to me, attaching the ear piece to his own.

"What are we listening to, Monroe?" He smirks as he looks down at me.

"I'm listening to music you don't like, so give me my headphone back." I roll my eyes with a sigh.

"Who said I don't like The Beatles?" He lightly laughs as he taunts me.

"It's The Rolling Stones, moron." I shake my head.

"I've heard this song before." He says as he continues to walk next to me. "You can't always get what you want."

"It suits you considering you aren't going to get Ethan's jeep." I smirk as I look up at him.

"Comedy central really needs to offer you a job as their head comedian, you're so funny." He lets out a sarcastic laugh while rolling his eyes.

"I know." I smirk as I pull my phone out and pause the song. I take the right headphone out of my ear before ripping it out of Grayson's.

"Hey, I was jamming out to that." He lets out a deep sigh.

"Go blast your wacko mode or whatever you listen to." I roll my eyes.

"You mean Sicko Mode?" He laughs as I approach my locker.

"Same thing." A light laugh leaves my lips as I put in my combination.

"We have a lot to teach each other in the music department." He leans next to me with his arms crossed over his chest.

I roll my eyes and shake my head, putting a notebook into my locker. "What do you want, Dolan?"

"I just wanted to see if my new best friend was ready for our date tonight." He smirks as he shifts his body closer to me.

"New acquaintance, and it's not a date." He is so goddamn difficult.

"Lanie referred to it as a double date."

"Well, Lanie is wrong." I look at him. His face is a little too close to mine so I lean back, trying not to give him any ideas.

"I was informed by my control freak of a brother that I need to be on my best behavior tonight." He rolls his eyes at his own sentence.

"Yeah, you do." I flatly respond.

"I'm never on my best behavior at the movies." He bites down on his lower lip as he leans his body closer to mine.

"I wasn't planning on sitting next to you anyway." I lightly smirk as I stare up at him.

"Is that so?" He tilts his head.

"Yeah, I plan on sitting next to Lanie." I simply shrug.

"Ethan is going to take that position."

"You do realize you have to sit next to two people on each side, right?"

"Is that how movie theaters work? I wouldn't know, every time i've gone I had my tongue down a cheerleaders throat." He smirks again as he stares into my green orbs.