Chapter 17

DON'T PLAY THE SONG YET. I'll tell you when, don't spoil your experience.

"Karn! Over here!" He heard familiar voice calling his name. Sujin waved at him near the entrance with weird people standing around her.

Karn, hand in hand with Ellie approached them, people turning around and staring at the pair. They looked stunning together, portraying their characters very realistically.

"Where's Amarin?" Was the first thing he asked when they came closer

"He's preparing for the contest in the backstage. First is the competition and then the party starts. They've decided to do it this way, because later on people might be too drunk for voting." Sujin knew everything, as always, not even being involved.

"Where's the rest?" He asked then, remembering he should also care more about other people than his friend. Sujin gave him a weird look, turning around.

"Right here....?" She said like he didn't know that two plus two is four. Karn looked at the weird costumes, finally recognizing his friends.

Pam and Gable were not what he was expecting, yet exactly what he should expect. He was kind of like a lightning, her always taking the damage or mess he's done.

 He was kind of like a lightning, her always taking the damage or mess he's done

"You look great." He complimented both of them, switching his attention to two sketchy guys standing nearby. The shorter one was bald, wearing oversized shirt and trousers with black sunglasses. The taller one seemed to have clothes at least two sizes smaller, longer brown hair, books in his hands and normal glasses.

"Jac, Cailean?" He asked surprised, losing all words.

"Yeah, we've been kind of in rush. Didn't have time to come up with creative costumes, so we agreed to go as each other." Jac laughed nervously, worrying if it doesn't look to weird or makes them too close.

"That's brilliant!" Karn smiled, regretting he couldn't do the same thing with Amarin. What was his costume anyway? What was Sujin's costume?

She didn't look any different from her normal self, maybe a bit visible makeup and her dark hair currently not in a ponytail weren't the same.