Eight: Say That You Love Me

• Dedicated to all my lovely readers...including you

I woke up to something vibrating in my bed. I sat up, pulling my blankets off of me to reveal a ringing telephone. At first, I was confused on why it was there. But then, I remembered taking it upstairs with me in case Mica called. However, he didn't call last night, so I fell asleep, forgetting to put the phone back.

I picked up the phone, pressed 'talk', and held it up to my ear.

"Hello?'' I said.

"Hey Katherine!" Mica's voice rang through my head. I instantly felt really good, just by hearing his voice.

"Hey Mica Freak!" I said, pulling my blankets back on me.

"So Paloma, Yas, and Zuleika really want to go to the mall. They're running around behind me, preparing." Mica laughed.

"Oh really? What time?" I asked.

"In an hour, if that's okay with you." Mica said.

"In a hour? But I just woke up." I said, confused.

"Katherine...it's 1 pm. You just woke up?" I could hear Mica's adorable laugh.

"One o'clock?!" I jumped out of bed. "I'll meet you at the mall in an hour!"

"Wait, Katherine." Mica said.

"Yeah?"

"I was wondering if I could walk to your house, pick you up, and then walk to the mall. Just you and me?" Mica said.

"What about your sisters?" I asked.

"They'll meet us at the mall." Mica assured me.

"Okay."

"Bye."

"Bye."

I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom.

"MOM! I'M GOING OUT IN AN HOUR!" I hollered. She replied with a lazy "okay". I took a shower and washed my hair. I used some lavender-scented body wash, because I had a matching spray.

I skipped to my closet after wrapping my hair in a towel. I didn't have any more dresses, so I chose a pair of neon purple skinny jeans. Then, I put on a black top with lace sleeves. I slid into the same white flats as yesterday.

I checked my alarm clock, which said it was already 2 pm. I freaked out, because Mica would be here any minute.

As if he was on cue, the doorbell rang. I was still figuring out what to do with my hair. I heard the door open up downstairs.

"Hello Mica!" my mom greeted.

"Hi Mrs. Lester. It's wonderful to see you again." Mica was using his charm again. He was so polite.

"You too, Mica." my mom replied.

"I'm here for Kathers." Mica said.

"Yes, of course. She'll be out in a minute. Please, take a seat." I could tell my mom was gesturing to the couch.

I decided to let my hair down, so it fell down to my waist. I put a snapback on backwards and rushed out of my room.

"I'm here!" I skipped into the living room. Mica looked up and smiled at me. He walked up to me and took both of my hands in his.

"Shall we?" he said, leading me to the door. We waved goodbye to my mother and left my apartment.

Mica held me tight as we got in the lift. Even though it was only us two in the elevator, Mica still held me.

"You're clingy today." I commented as the lift went down. Mica hugged me from behind and I felt his chin on my shoulder.

"Well because you're my best friend." he whispered. The elevator finally reached the ground floor and the doors opened. I started to step out, but Mica smirked at me. Before I could even tell what he was planning on doing, he had already picked me up, bridal style.