Thirty-Four: Hope. Love. Glory.

"Okay, so Katherine, there's a reason you're here." Mika's manager said to me. Mika wanted to bring me to the meeting he had with his manager. This morning Mika simply told me to dress professionally and then get in the car. On the way to the little café that we now sat at, he explained that he was taking me to meet his manager for a 'surprise' reason.

I sat with my sophisticated blowdried hair and dressy outfit. "Alright, tell me what this 'surprise' is." I was growing a tiny bit impatient. The two guys had been talking for the past hour, and the only thing I've done was buy them refills of coffee and silently sit. So far, their conversation didn't concern me at all.

"Well Mika here is making 'Happy Ending' the new single." I stared at both of them in awe. The song that Mika wrote to vent out his feelings for me was the new single? Ever since "Grace Kelly" hit the top charts, the public had been waiting for more tastes of his album. The fact that the song that was written to me was soon to be playing on radios everywhere was shocking.

"Oh goodness." was all I could manage to say through my emotions.

"And a new single means a new music video. I'll get some of my best directors on it and have them see what they come up with. Mika, you'll have to meet with them and discuss how you want the video to go."

"Alrighty then. Thank you again!" Mika stood up and shook hands with him and I did the same. Then he took my hand and led me out of the café.

As we drove home, Mika kept talking about how this was going to be "the best video ever". He seemed so jittery and excited about it. I mean I've gone to the filming of the video for "Love Today" and I simply adored the video for "Big Girl (You are Beautiful)". But standing on set of "Happy Ending" would have a different feel to it. I just knew it.

***7 AM, a few days later***

I felt Mika slipping out of my grasp in my sleep. Keeping my eyes shut, I reached out and grabbed whatever my hand first touched. I ended up grabbing Mika's arm.

"Let go Katherine." Mika laughed in a quiet whisper.

"No, stay in bed with me." I complained. I still didn't open my eyes.

"Where do you have to go this early in the morning?" I asked.

"I have a meeting with the directors for 'Happy Ending'."

I responded by sighing in annoyance. I nestled back into my pillow after letting go of his arm. "Fine, five more minutes." Mika sighed too, pulling the covers back up and scooting in. I finally opened his eyes so I could see his beautiful face. Even in the dark I could make out his perfectly symmetrical features and his bare chest. Just the sight of his perfectly toned abs made me go weak. I bit my lip and wrapped an arm around his waist, pulling him closer. I let my fingers trail along his body. Mika sexily smirked at me.

Mika's face was right up to mine and I could feel his hot breathes on my face. His hands ran down to my waist, gripping me tightly. He seductively kissed my neck, making me throw my head back in enjoyment. Mika suddenly let go of me and rolled out of bed, leaving me on edge.

Sighing, I made myself into a taco with the blankets. I heard the shower turn on, which was probably just Mika getting in. I closed my eyes so I could get more sleep. As I was starting to slip into a deep sleep, I was interrupted by Mika singing. He was singing very loudly, trying to dominate the sound of the running water.

He was singing 'Happy Ending'. The entire time, I couldn't stop giggling. I had to press my face into a pillow to stifle the laughs. I guess he just sang when he was nervous.

After that, Mika came out of the bathroom with white skinny jeans on, but no shirt. His hair was still wet and a towel was slung around his shoulder. I was still in bed when he kneeled at the edge, just staring into my eyes with this look of awe. I couldn't handle his cuteness so I pulled him up back on the bed and cradled him. He laid flat out, his head resting on my lap. I bent over and kissed him passionately with every ounce of love I had. My hands caressed his face and Mika's hands desperately ran all over me, trying to find a place to hold on. He awkwardly grabbed my arms as we kissed.