Thirty-Two: Back Home

"MIKA! KATHERINE! HI GUYS!" Paloma yelled, throwing her arms out and pulling us both in a hug. I relaxed in her arms. It felt so good to be back in London. We were standing, hugging, at the reunion gate at Heathrow. Since Mika's birthday was in a few weeks, we decided to take the month off and stay in England. No shows, no secret gigs, just time to relax with each other. After August ends, then we'd go back on tour, but IN AMERICA!!!

Mika and I pulled our luggage through the airport, out, and we got in Paloma's car. It was too late in the night for Mika's other sisters to come and get us, but Paloma was willing. We piled our bags in and I got in the back seat with Mika. Paloma slid behind the wheel.

"So how was it?" she asked, driving us away from the airport. I looked at Mika to explain.

"Probably the best experience of my life..." Mika's voice trailed off as he stared out the window. It was already raining and the window was sprinkled with raindrops. The condensation was already coating the window, and I was tempted to draw on it. I could see Mika out of the corner of my eye, dragging his finger along the window, writing something. I watched him. Mika stopped writing and gestured for me to look at it.

I love you, Kathers

I smiled at him. He looked like such a child, sitting there silently with his lopsided, goofy smile and his sleepy eyes. Mika leaned his head against the glass of the window and closed his eyes. He slowly started to drift off to sleep. Paloma continued to drive silently, and we had only a few quiet conversations.

Finally, after what seemed like forever of driving, Paloma pulled up in front of Mika's flat. I gently shook him awake and he looked like such a doll! His eyes were heavy with sleep and he gracefully walked out into the rain and unlocked the door to his flat. The raindrops got his clothes wet and they decorated his hair. Paloma helped me grab the luggage while Mika disappeared somewhere inside. I rolled everything inside, and Mika didn't seem to be anywhere. I waved goodbye to Paloma and she drove off.

"Mika?" I called, shaking off my shoes and taking my hair out of its ponytail. I peeled off my jacket, leaving me in black tights and a white tanktop. I was pretty cold. I walked to the bedroom, looking for Mika.

I found him sprawled on the bed, sleeping like a baby. He was hugging a pillow, holding it tight to his chest. The lights were still on, and he was still wearing his adorable suspenders. I guess he fell asleep before he could change.

"Aww." I whispered to myself. His drenched clothes and hair was soaking the bedsheets. I slowly walked up to him and kneeled down beside the bed, just watching him. He was so...peaceful. I gently slipped his suspenders off and put them in his closet. He didn't flinch. Then, I flipped off the lights and slid under the covers with him.

***The Next Morning***

"Morning wifey." Mika laughed, walking into the kitchen. I was making breakfast for both of us. I had woken up earlier than him. He was still wearing his clothes from last night, since he fell asleep in them. His hair was messed up and all over the place, which just added to his cuddly and innocent look.

"Hey." I said in a quiet whispery voice. I stacked his chocolate pancakes on a plate and placed it on the table. He surprised me by wrapping his arms around me and hugging me from behind. I turned around in his arms, and wrapped mine around his neck. He looked straight into my eyes, a smile growing on his face.

His nose crinkled a little in the most gorgeous way ever, which made a smile spread across my face. I loved it when his nose crinkled! I stood on my toes to make myself taller and kissed Mika on the lips. When I looked at his face after, his grin was even wider.