6

We had rehearsals on stage today and they went really well. Now I know where I have to go and when I have to get on stage. I feel more prepared, but I still feel like I am going to mess up.

It is getting closer to the start of the concert. It is in an hour and as the minutes pass, I am getting more and more nervous. I keep biting my lip and rubbing my hands together on the couch in the dressing room.

I got ready in a different room than the guys, but once I was done I went to their dressing room to just chill out.

Jin can tell that I am nervous, so he comes up to me from his chair and starts to cheer me up.

"Hey, don't be nervous," he tells me.

"Haha easy for you to say. I've never performed on stage before."

"Really?! But you've performed on Youtube?"

"Yeah. Singing on Youtube is way easier than singing on stage. When I'm singing on Youtube, it is just me and a camera, no one else around."

"Well, picture you are sitting in front of your camera at home instead of in front of a lot of people."

"How many people are supposed to be at this concert?" I ask.

"Not meaning to psych you out, but I think about 16,000."

"OH MY NOOOOOO!" I yell and stand up from the couch.

Jin just laughs and says, "It's ok! Don't think about the number! You did great at rehearsals, so you should do just fine for real."

Both of us just start laughing and I sit back down.

Jin leaves to go check on the other guys when I get a text from one of the BHE managers telling me to come to Room 2A.

I walk down the hall to room 2A to see what is going on.

I get to the door, *Knock Knock*.

"Jade! Come in! Come in!" says one of the managers smiling.

As I open the door wider I see Jungkook sitting in one of the chairs around the round table. He looks up and gives me a small little smile and then looks down at his feet.

"Jade! Sit! Sit!" says the other manager pulling a chair for me by Jungkook. I sit down and I just look around.

"Jade, we want you and Jungkook to do a duet tonight to any song at the concert. We know it is very last minute, but what do you say?"

I look at Jungkook who is sitting next to me. He looks up at me and slightly smiles.

I look back at the managers and say, "Ok. Let's do it!"

I look back at Jungkook and he is smiling wider now looking down at his feet.

"Great! What song should you guys do?"

Before I could think of any ideas, Jungkook replies with, "Purpose by Justin Bieber."

They all look at me for approval.

"Oh ok ya I love that song," I reply with. Everyone smiles and claps.

"Ok," says one of the managers, "You guys go to studio in Room 5C and figure it out for the next hour."

We both nod and head to Room 5C.

We start to figure out who sings what part of the song and when we sing together.

"Ok. How about you start the song:

'Feeling like I'm breathing my last breath/Feeling like I'm walking my last steps/Look at all of these tears I've wept/Look at all the promises that I've kept'

and then I'll sing:

'I put my heart into your hands/Here's my soul to keep/I let you in with all that I can/You're not hard to reach/And you've blessed me with the best gift/That I've ever known'

We'll both sing:

'You give me purpose/Yeah, you've given me purpose'

Then you sing:

'Thinking my journey's come to an end (JK: Oh)/Sending out a farewell to my friends/For inner peace/Ask you to forgive me for my sins (JK: Oh would you please?)/I'm more than grateful for the time we spend/My spirit's at ease'

Then I sing:

'I put my heart into your hands/Learn the lessons you teach/No matter when, wherever I am/You're not hard to reach/And you've given me the best gift/That I've ever known'

We both sing:

'You give me purpose everyday/You give me purpose in every way'

Then I sing:

'Oh, you are my everything'

Then you sing:

'Oh, you are my everything'

Then we both sing:

'Oh, you are my everything'

How does that sound?"

That whole time he was telling me what we each should sing, I was just mesmerized by his voice. I was barely even paying attention to what he was saying. So, I just said, "Oh yeah that sounds great."

"Ok good," he said, "Let's practice."

We practice for like 20 minutes. We both got it really quickly and easily. Our voices sound really good together. I am really excited to be singing a duet with him.

"Good practice Jade," he says.

"You too Jungkook," I say smiling.

He smiles back at me and there is a second of awkward silence. The silence is then pierced when someone opens the door and tells us to make our way to the stage because the concert is about to begin.

We make our way to the stage and meet up with the rest of the guys. We inform the guys that we're singing a duet as the second to last song of the concert. They all nod and clap. They are really funny and supportive.

I see Jimin and V walk Jungkook to the other side of the stage slapping his back and laughing. Those three are really good friends.

They have to enter from the left of the stage and Jin, RM, J-Hope, and Suga have to enter from the right.

The concert is about to begin in 5 minutes. My heart is racing. I hope I do well. Fingers crossed.