chapter 38

johns POV

it was the day of the party, or get together as I called it. I walked to Pauls, or shall I say, George, ringos and pauls house, hand in hand with Cynthia.

I got everyone presents, even Paul. I was still uncomfortable with being around him. He looks like a ghost. pale and skinny. not talking as much as he used to and not even cracking a smile.

We arrived at they're house, and I stopped. "what's wrong?" Cynthia asked squeezing my hand. squeezed back and breathed in a shakey breath.

"just nervous that's all love". she kissed me on the cheek and smiled.

"youll be fine hun". I smiled at her and walked towards the door. knocking three timed, I waited.

I was greated by a smiling ringo."hello! come in come in". he stood to the side and we walked it.

"hello ringo" Cynthia said kissing his cheek. he blushed, making me laugh.

"well George is I'm the living room". we walked into the living room and sat down. ringo sat down next to George, but not to close. Cynthia doesn't know that me and paul where a thing and George and ringo are a thing.

"wheres Paul?" I asked hoping not to sound desperate. George rose his eyebrow at me before answering.

"hes in his room, that's where he always is after the.." ringo elbowed him in the rib causing George to yelp.

"ill go get 'im, it's present time" ringo said before exiting the living room to go get Paul. I looked around, rewinding all the memories that happend here in my head. going from the first time I spent the night here to the last time I stepped foot in here.

I noticed the picture of me and paul under the coffee table. the glass was smashed and bits of the picture scratched. I sighed. paul didn't diserve what I did to him, but what he did diserve was me finding someone else. He left it to long and I found someone I loved.

I looked at Cynthia and kissed her on the lips. she kissed back before pulling away. she blushed and I smiled, and took her hand in mine."i love you" I said looking her deep in the eyes.

"i love you too".

I heard George cough and I looked over to see him and Paul.  Paul was stood behind George, with a heart broken look in his eyes. it hurt me to see him like that but I brushed it off.

he shuffled into the living, he was wearing a pair of baggy jeans and a black turtleneck jumper. I guess ringo could feel the awkwardness in the room, because he broke the silence by coughing before pointing to the Christmas tree.

"ugh well...christmass presents any one?" . we all smiled as ringo handed out the presents.

All the presents where handed out and everyone was smiling and laughing, except paul. he thanked me for his gift and then sat back for the rest of the evening looking glum.

Cynthia was cuddled up to me and I kissed her head. "aye there's one more 'ere" George said pulling out a black box.

"who's it for?" ringo asked. I watched paul nervously bite his nails.

"its for.john" George said handing me the black box. I opened it to finde a silver bracelet. it had a metal band in the middle of the chain and it had the word 'bestfriend' engraved on it. I looked at paul as he stood up.

"dont hate it because of the person who gave it to you, hate it because of what it looks like" paul said. then left for his bedroom.I put the bracelet in my pocket and stood up.

"i ugh I'm going to go, thanks for inviting us".

"no problem mate" George said, eating a cookie.

"see you later" Cynthia said. ringo and George nodded their heads goodbye. I took  cynthias hand in mine and walked out the door.

a/n: its so short and bad and I'm sorry!

love it?,like it?,hate it? let me know!