Chapter I

╔══════════╗
3.05 - the reckoning
╚══════════╝

Caroline, Elena, Bonnie, Tyler and lauren were setting up mouse traps in a classroom when Matt walked in setting all of them off "ugh! Come on seriously do you know how long it took for us to set all of this up?" Caroline complained

"forgot about senior prank night huh?" Tyler asked annoyance evident in his voice "clearly" Matt replied out of breath "how could you forget? We've only been waiting for this since freshman year?!" Caroline snapped

"Yeah Matt. If I'm doing this, you're doing this." Elena said from a desk "I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing this"  "Caroline's making us." Lauren explained, Caroline rolled her eyes.

"were about to be seniors, these are the memories that will stay with us forever, and if we don't -" "don't create these memories now than what's the point." Elena finished with a smile "go ahead make fun. I don't care." Caroline said throwing her hands in the air "you're all lame and I've got 10 more classrooms to prank" and with that Tyler left.

Elena and Lauren both got up and headed to the door "hey, where are you two going?" Bonnie asked "to superglue Alaric's desk shut" Elena answered "making memories." Lauren replied "I love you." Caroline called out "love you." She called back as she walked down the hall.

Elena and Lauren walked through the double doors only to come face to face with the last person we wanted to see. Elena and her both gasped.

"there's my girl." "Klaus." "Elena run." The girls tried to run but klaus sped in front of them "you are supposed to be dead, what are we going to do about that?"
Klaus gripped both Elena and Lauren's arms and started dragging them down the hall.

"you've put a rather large kink in my plan sweetheart, you see the whole point of breaking the curse and becoming a hybrid was to make more hybrids, I haven't been able to do that, now my bet is it has something to do with the fact that your still breathing." "Let me the hell go." Lauren said as she tried to pull her arm out of his grip.

"If your going to kill me just do it." Elena said breathlessly "not until I know I'm right, but I do have other ways of making you suffer." Klaus dragged them into the gym and told all of the seniors to go home, then he compelled Dana to stand on one foot and Chad to beat her to death if she dropped it.

"You American accent sucks." Lauren said as she rolled her eyes "klaus you don't have to hurt anybody." Elena tried "come on love, of corse I do." "God you're a dick." Lauren said rolling her eyes.

All of a sudden she felt her back slam into the cold bleachers across the gym "I'm getting quite annoyed with your comments love." Klaus said as he wrapped his hand around her throat. For some reason her eyes shifted and glowed amber as did his. He dropped her and started to back a away slightly "impossible." He said under his breath.

Klaus and Lauren just stared at each other for a minute until Bonnie walked in "Bonnie get out of here!" Elena yelled, klaus sped behind her.

"I was wondering when you'd show up. Now we can get started, I assume your the reason Elena is still walking around alive." He asked "that's right, if you want to blame somebody, blame me." She replied bravely

"there is no reason for blame love. It's just your witchy interface seems to have caused some undesirable side effects. And since you caused the problem, I'm going to have you find the fix."