chapter 7

The next few weeks went by like a blur. There was the Rainbow Cherry Blossom party. Lucy got sick on a job and couldn't go, but during the night, Natsu&Juvi uprooted the Rainbow Blossom Tree and put it on a boat that went by Lucy's house. Later on the next day, Lathaniel found out and punished them duly for it. Wendy also went on her first big job too! Carla didn't go because she didn't think Wendy was ready yet. Lathaniel and Juvi went along with her to make sure nothing went wrong, but overall, Wendy did a good job, even without the help of those two. Juvi did get sick from trying to eat the Wingfish he caught. Then, it was the day of the annual 24 hour endurance race, in which this year, Makarov banned the use of flying magic. Happy&Tana both managed tied to win 1st place by some miracle, Wendy got 2nd, Carla got 3rd, and Ren got 4th. Lathaniel landed 5th, and Gray, Jet, Natsu, and Gajeel ended up tying for last. Makarov had them all cross dress as females and pose for sorcerer's weekly as punishment for ending in last place.

It was a normal day in the Guild hall, Lathaniel was sitting there watching Natsu and Gray arguing with each other, while Lucy&Juvi was talking with Wendy about Fairy Hills, the girls-only dorm, until Warren and Max came running into the hall.

Warren and Max: "Big News!"

Bells then began to ring all over Magnolia.

Lucy: "What's up?"

Wendy and Carla: "Sounds like bells."

Lathaniel: "Sounds like someone has finally come back."

Lucy, Wendy, and Carla looked at him in confusion?"

Lucy: "Who is it?"

Wendy: "Big Brother?"

Elfman: "Yeah!"

Gray: "That's awesome!"

Lucy: "What's so awesome about some bells ringing?"

Juvi smirked as she answered Lucy's questions.

Juvi: "Cause it means Gildarts is home."

Everyone: "GILDARTS IS BAACK!"

Wendy: "Gildarts?"

Carla: "Some of the people here did mention his name once or twice. Just who is this Gildarts?"

Lucy: "Is he someone in the guild?"

Mirajane: "Gildarts is the strongest wizard in Fairy Tail!"

Lucy: "Seriously?! I thought Erza was top dog around here!"

Erza: "All honesty aside, I don't even hold a candle towards him."

Lucy: "Then he must be the king of destroying things."

Ren: "Aye!"

The Guild Hall erupted in cheers as they celebrated Gildarts' return.

Lucy: "It's good that he's back and all, but why is everyone going nuts?"

Wendy: "Look at how happy they all are!"

Carla: "They certainly seem more out of control than usual."

Lathaniel: "I guess that's only natural, he has been gone for around 3 years."

Lucy: "Three years? What's he been doing?"

Mirajane: "Well, you know how there are regular jobs, then S-Class Quests?"

Lathaniel: "There are jobs that go above even that, SS-Class Quests, and the ones above all of them, the Decade Quests."

Lucy: "Decade...Quests?"

Ren: "Jobs that no one has been able to complete in less than 10 years, which is why they call it Decade Quest."