Chapter 16

Dad Joke of the Day: How do you make holy water? You burn the hell out of it!

Chapter 16

Every morning, it's the same thing. Over and over again. It's different this time though. A dream. A beautiful dream. That's what Mia feels like she's waking up from as she stretches in bed while lying on her stomach. Opening her eyes to the brightly shining sun, she smiles as the memories of last night's activity floods back to her. Sighing in content, she turns her head to Baekhyun's side to find it empty. Propping herself on her elbows, she looks around to find no trace of Baekhyun in the bed room. He probably woke up early, Mia thinks to herself. Letting her head fall back on the soft pillow, she snuggles herself on the blankets. Her eyes start to drift back to sleep, feeling heavy until she glances at the small digital clock on Baekhyun's bed side table. It reads 8 am.

Snapping from her hazy stupor, Mia quickly sits up, remembering her plans for this morning. She curses to herself quietly before hopping out of bed, in search of the clothes she wore last night. She finds it all folded neatly on the small couch in the corner of Baekhyun's room. Forgoing pulling on last night's panties, she throws on the rest of her clothes before running to the bathroom. Opting for only rinsing her mouth with mouth wash and washing her face, she quickly runs out of the bathroom, following the familiar path towards the living room.

Once the living room comes into view, so does the kitchen, where Baekhyun seems to be making coffee or something, his back facing Mia. Hearing Mia's foot steps behind him, Baekhyun turns around to look at her.

Baekhyun's eyes travel down her body, seeing that she's already dressed. "Morning, did you sleep well?" he finally asks making eye contact with Mia.

"Yes, you?" Mia asks shyly.

"Yes, thank you." Replies Baekhyun. He seems to be hesitating, as if he wants to say something but something is holding him back. Before he can put a word n though, Mia speaks up again.

"I have to go." Baekhyun's face twists in confusion so Mia elaborates on why she's leaving the morning after so quickly. "I have a group project I forgot about. I'm already late and I need to go back home to get my books." Mia smiles sheepishly at Baekhyun that only nod, absorbing everything she just said.

Mia almost takes a step towards the front door to leave but changes her mind at the last minute and sprints over to Baekhyun, taking him by surprise when she wraps her arm around his neck and presses her lips to his. It's a simple peck that lasts a minute too long, but Baekhyun doesn't seem to mind as he puts his arm around Mia's waist, pulling her in a bit closer. Pulling away, Mia bites her lips as she smiles, opening her to find Baekhyun looking back at her with a small smile of his own.

"Call me, text me, or whatever." Mia says untangling herself from Baekhyun. "I have to go now." Mia hurries towards the door not giving Baekhyun a chance to reply. Deep inside, still worried he might reject her if she gives him the chance.

Once Mia is out the door, Baekhyun turns and looks at the kitchen countertop thinking what he'll do with the pancake batter for two.

Luckily, with it still being early, Mia didn't run into Jenny or Lucky when she went back home for a quick shower and to pick up her bag. That's was a conversation for another time. A time when she's not running late for her group meeting. Running into the library's building, Mia hurries over to the table where the rest of her group mates are seated at.