Chapter 31

Dad Joke of the day: Did you know that the first French fries weren't cooked in France? They were cooked in Greece! Get it? (It took me a second to get it the first time I heard it but I'm kinda slow so...)

So before you start this chapter, a couple of things I want to say. I can't force you to read this so you can skip right on to the chapter but please don't.

1. First of all, for my wattpad readers (I post this book on both AFF and wattpad for those of you that don't know) please refrain from using cuss words like 'fuck' when leaving a comment because wattpad flags those comments and puts them under review, and so I can't reply to you even though I read your comment. I personally don't mind but I love to reply to everyone.

2. I want to do a fun thing where before the next chapter, I post a Q&A about me. So leave all your questions for me in the comments, personal or about the book. I am an open book or at least I like to think that I am. SO I want to know what you're curious about!!!

3. Sorry I took so long with this chapter but it's extra-long so enjoy!

4. It was my birthday this past Saturday too!! It's a coincidence though. I didn't know my birthday would be on a Saturday until after I hinted that Mia's would be on Saturday too haha

Chapter 31

Mia is filled with warmth and happiness as an arm wraps around her tighter. The soft sheets embrace her, lulling her back to sleep, but a soft kiss to the back of her necks causes her to flutter her eyelids open. The morning sun shines bright through the windows of Baekhyun's bedroom, draping everything with a light golden hue.

With a content sigh, Mia turns around in Baekhyun's arms, to snuggle even closer to his warm body. After Baekhyun took her home last night, Mia took a warm shower and spent the night cuddling with her boyfriend.

"Morning," Baekhyun's raspy morning voice comes out.

Mia smiles happily and buries her head in the crook of Baekhyun's neck. "Good morning."

Baekhyun runs his fingers through Mia's hair and kisses her forehead. "How'd you sleep?"

"Better than I have in days," Mia replies, looking up at Baekhyun.

"Good, because you have a long night ahead of you," Baekhyun smiles.

"Ah, right. My birthday." Mia announces.

"Technically, your birthday is tomorrow," Baekhyun corrects.

Pulling back, Mia looks straight into Baekhyun's eyes. "Are you gonna stop me from drinking?"

Baekhyun chuckles with amusement. "It's still illegal but I wouldn't do that to you."

Mia wraps her arms around Baekhyun's waist and scoots closer. "Good, because I'd break up with you otherwise."

"You'd break up with me?" there's still a glint of amusement in Baekhyun's eyes so Mia knows he's not serious.

"Probably not, but I'd be mad," Mia jokes.

"Oh no, we can't have you be mad at me." Baekhyun says with a smile.

Mia looks up, pretends to be thinking hard. "I won't if you grant me my birthday wishes." She finally says.

Baekhyun cocks an eyebrow up. "And what would those wishes be?"

Mia leans in and gives Baekhyun a quick peck on the lips before standing up. "You'll find out later."