Crossroad Blues -- The Deal Maker

~*****~

Dean sat across from Sam and I in a small diner both while we waited for our food. The waitress stepped by to refill our coffee, and once again gave him googly eyes. He smirked and gave her a flirty wink before sipping at his coffee, to which I kicked his shin roughly before staring down at his mugshot from St. Louis. "So much for low profile. You've got a warrant in St. Louis, and now you're officially in the Fed's database." I stated as I sipped at my coffee. I glanced at Dean's smug look, and I started chuckling.

He flung his arms out across the back seat of the leather booth, grinning like an idiot. "Dude, I'm like Dillinger or something."

"I wonder if there's a reward for your arrest?" I hum softly as I lean against the table with an agitated look. "Nothing's come up for Sam."

"Well, what do they got on you?" Dean questioned.

"An ongoing investigation on my disappearance. Thanks a lot, they know I'm alive now." I drone. "According to this, I've got no living relatives. Why the hell are they still looking for me?" I groan heavily.

"Closure, I guess? Maybe they've been working your case for years and they just want to solve it." Sam comments.

"Ah, shut up." I snap.

"What'dya got on the case there?" Dean asked after laughing a little at Sam's pout.

"Architect Sean Boyden plummeted to his death from the roof of his home, a condominium he designed." I explain as I lay out the papers.

"Hmm. Build a high-rise and jump off the top of it. That's classy. When did he call animal control?" Dean asked.

"Two days earlier." Sam stated softly.

"Did he actually say Black Dog?" Dean inquired.

I nodded swiftly. "Yeah. A vicious, wild, black dog. The authorities couldn't find it, no one else saw it; in fact, the authorities are a little confused as to how a wild dog could get passed the doorman, take the elevator up, and start roaming the halls of the cushiest joint in town. After that, no more calls, he doesn't show up for work, two days later, he takes the swan dive." I state softly.

"Do you think we're dealing with an actual Black Dog?" Dean asks as he lowered his voice while someone walked by.

"Well, maybe." Sam replied.

"What's the lore on it?" Dean asked.

"It's all pretty vague, I mean, there are spectral black dogs all over the world, but... some say they're animal spirits, others say death omens. But anyways... whatever they are, they're big- Nasty." I explained.

"Yeah, I bet he could hump the crap outta your leg, look at that one, huh?" Dean chuckled as he turned the page over to show a picture of a large, skinny, black dog. We both gave him a look. "What? They could." He defended himself.

"Only you'd think about that." I sighed softly. Dean's face dropped as Sam and I got up to leave. "You comin' sweet heart?" I chuckle.

~*****~

Dean wandered around the apartment suit, Sam checked around the kitchen, and I was currently speaking to Mr. Johnson. "So, you and Sean Boyden were business partners for almost ten years, right?" I asked softly.

"That's right. Now one more time, this is for..." David questioned as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"A tribute to Mr. Boyden. Architectural Digest." I answered smoothly. David's face fell into surprise as a small chuckle rumbled in his chest. "Is... there something funny about that?"