In My Time Of Dying -- Wake Up

~*****~

Sam sat besides my bed with an exhausted expression as the doctor continued to do rant

Sam sat besides my bed with an exhausted expression as the doctor continued to do rant. "There's no earthly way you can even be breathing right now, Carlotta! I can't explain it! You lost two liters of blood, not to mention the damage done by the wreck, you should be dead! It's no short of a miracle you're even sitting right now!"

I held up my hand. "Go back outside, and do your job." I say evenly. The doctor stops talking, his eyes glaze over, and he steps out of my room. Sam sits up a bit straighter as I sigh and try to shuffle off of the bed.

"Lottie-" Sam started, and grasped onto my arm. "You have to tell me what's going on. You had no pulse when I put you in the car. You-Were-Dead." Sam enunciated.

"I get it, Sam. You're freaked, I am too! Hell, I couldn't even speak at that stupid cabin!" Sam flinched back as I sighed out. "Look, I'll explain everything later, but right now, I need to check on Dean.... Please." Sam didn't budge. "Sam, please... I'm exhausted, I'm scared- I just wanna see him, and feel him...." Sam sighed through his nose and leads me out of my room.

I gazed at Dean's comatose state. He just laid there, strapped up with wires and tubes. Tears built up as I took a seat at his bedside, and grasped his hand. I sniffled a bit and pressed a soft kiss to his hand and leaned forward to kiss his forehead.

"John's awake, right?" I ask softly. Sam gave me a silent nod as I ran my fingers through Dean's hair one more time. I stood, and nearly fell. Sam grunted and caught me. "Sorry... Sorry... I guess I'm still really weak...."

"It's okay..." Sam sighed, and lifted me into his arms...

I watched with a heavy heart as they left my room. God, they were hurting, and I couldn't stop it. Hell, I was causing it. The warmth that she gave me, even as I lay in that bed, I felt it anyway. It reminded me that I wasn't dead. Not yet anyways. I couldn't just leave them alone. They needed me. I took one last look at my broken body before following after them. Lottie just gazed up at the ceilings with her short hair dangling, and swishing with each step Sam took. I wanted to wrap her up in my arms, and smell that sweet smell of peaches she always had. I wish I could tell her that I was okay, that I wasn't going anywhere. I wish I could tell her I'd never leave her.

John laid in his bed, sat up and his arm in a sling. He looked beyond pissed that he was bed ridden, and that was comforting. His expression softened as we entered the room. "Lottie, Sam." The fact that he was his usual self had me sagging in relief. Sam set me down on my feet and waited to make sure I was okay. I gave him a nod and took a seat on one of the chairs by John's bedsides. John fished out his wallet and tugged out the insurance card before handing it to Sam. "Here, give them my insurance."

Sam nodded and took a look at the card. A slow smile appeared on his face. "Elroy McGillicutty?"

"And this three, loving kids." John smiled back. He took a deep breath, and shared a looked with his son. Then, like hawks, they locked their gazes on me. "We need to talk."