Simon Said -- Exposed

~*****~

"Sam!"

The screeching of tires, and Sam's gasp of horror set every nerve alight with worry. And from the looks of it, Dean was feeling the same. "Sam! Come on, Sam! Answer me!" Dean pleaded. Screams echoed out from the phone, and for a moment, we feared the worst.

"He just walked in front of a bus." Sam told us, his voice breaking ever so slightly.

"Who?" Dean asked.

"The... the shooter." Sam mumbled. I looked over at Dean in confusion.

"Sam, where are you?" I ask after a beat of silence. He quickly gave us a street name. Dean and I wasted no time getting over there. The sirens echoed through the streets as we approached the scene. We scanned the area for Sam. 

"Lottie." Dean muttered, and tapped at my arm. Sam sat on a curb with his back to the ambulance. His shoulders were slumped in defeat. We hurried towards Sam, and I crouched down in front of him. His jaw was clenched up, and he rubbed at his cast as I grasped at his face.

"Are you alright?" I ask as I take a seat besides him. Dean and I started rubbing his back soothingly.

Sam didn't look at me, but his emotions were playing right on his expression. "I kept him out of the gun store. I thought he was okay. I thought he was passed it, at least... I should have stayed with him."

"You couldn't have known." I reminded him. Sam didn't reply; he just stared at the lifeless body of the man he believed he could've save.

~*****~

After giving Sam a moment, we decided to look for the Impala. Searching the town for a cherry '67 was an easy job at least. It was parked a few blocks down with the windows opened. Dean sighed out in relief and jogged over to it. I let out a soft snort and turned to Sam. "If I were missing, Dean would show less relief for me than he does with the Impala." I stated sarcastically.

"Thank god! Oh, I'm sorry, baby. I'll never leave you again." Dean mumbled affectionately as he leaned down in the window. He straightened out and glanced over her to check for any visible damage before his eyes flickered over the drivers seat. "Well, at least he left the keys in it."

"Yeah, real Samaritan, this guy." Sam scoffed. I took a seat on the hood of the Impala.

"The guy just can't work his mojo just by twitching his nose, he's gotta use verbal commands." I pointed out as Dean leaned against the Impala.

"The doctor had just gotten off his cell phone when he stepped in front of that bus. Andy must have called him or something." Sam suggested with a heavy sigh.

"I don't know, maybe." Dean said as he looked down.

Sam looked at him in surprise. "Beg your pardon?"

"I just don't know if he's our guy, Sam.' Dean objected.

"Dean, you had O.J. convicted before he got out of his white bronco and you have doubts about this?" Sam questioned in shock.

"He just doesn't seem like the stone-cold killer type, that's all. You know; O.J. was guilty." Dean said with a smirk.

"Either way, how are you going to track this guy?" I ask.

Dean looked down for a second before he looked to me with another smirk present. "Not a problem." He turned, and got into the car. Sam and I shared a look before following shortly after. Sam offered the front seat to me, but I declined. I wanted to have a bit more space for a while to relax. "Hey, babe?" I hear Dean ask as he starts driving down the road. I hummed in response and looked up at him. "Did Andy use his powers on you?"