Night Shifter -- The Shifter

~*****~

"It shed it's skin again," Dean breathed softly. "We don't know when. Could be in the halls, the vault."

"Great," Sam sighed. "You know, Dean, you are wanted by the police."

"Yeah," Dean chuckled.

"So, even if we do find this damn thing, how the hell are we gonna get out of here?" I seethe at him.

"One probably at a time," Dean huffed. "I'm gonna do a sweep of the whole place, see if I can find any stragglers. Once we get everyone together, we got to play a 'Find the Freak'. So here. I found another one of these for you." Dean handed over a silver blade to Sam. "Now, stay here. Make sure Ronald doesn't hurt anybody. Help him manage--"

"Help him manage?" Sam barked loudly. "Are you insane?"

Dean offered a wink and a thumbs up to Ronald before turning back to us. "Look, I know this isn't going the way we wanted--"

"Understatement!" I barked.

"Right, but if we invite the cops in right now, Ronald gets arrested, we get arrested, the shifter gets away. Probably never find it again, okay--" I gestured to Ronald in annoyance. "Ron!" Dean barked as he turned to him. "Out of the light!"

Dean chuckled nervously. "Seriously?"I  seethe again.

"Ron's game play was a bad plan, it was a bit of crazy plan, but right now, crazy's the only grame in town, okay?" Dean mentioned. "Lottie, you're with me."

I nodded and followed after Dean.

~*****~

"Still got that blade in your--" Dean stops speaking as I lift my shirt up to my bra and tug the blade free I had hidden in the cup. "Man, that's still hot." Dean commented as I gave him a glare.

We scoured the hallways, checking every office and room. "Dean," I mention softly as I gaze at the ceiling. "That one's moved."

Dean hummed and grabbed a coat rack to move it aside. After a few good tugs, the ceiling collapses. Dean tugs me out of the way as a body hits the ground with a heavy thud.

"Wasn't he-" I offer softly. Dean nodded and we ran to the vault. "Sam," I whisper, gesturing him over. He steps over to us. "The guy holding the guard-- we just found his body." I whisper as softly as I could.

Sam nodded and went back to the vault. "Ronald. He's right. We got to get this man outside." Sam breathed. "Come on, I got you." He grasped the security guard.

"Yeah, I'll help you." The shifter hums.

"Oh, I got him. It's cool." Sam retorted. "Thanks. Watch your step." Sam breathed to the guard. The man started thanking Sam breathlessly. "Lottie, get the doors," Sam hummed.

"You got it." I hum and lead the way to the door.

"Stop! Come back here!" I hear Ronald shout across the lobby. The shifter is running full speed through the lobby with Ronald chasing him.

"GET DOWN!" I screamed just before the bullet breaks through the window and kills Ronald.

~*****~

Sam and I head over to Dean quickly, ducking down low to avoid anyone's sight. "Dean, you and Lottie take care of the guard"." Sam breathes. "I'm going after the shifter."

Dean breathed out a soft sigh. "Sorry, Ron. You did a real good job tracking this thing. You really did." He pulled Ron's rifle towards us and picked it up.