Everybody Loves A Clown -- Who Fingered The Clown?!

~*****~

I propped my elbow against the driver door as we drove down the road in the pouring rain. My eyes were trying to stay open, and it was increasingly harder each second. A hand clasped at my leg, making me jolt upright and swerve the van a bit. "You sure you're okay to drive?" Dean asked. I sighed softly and nodded after running a hand down my face. "Seriously, I don't mind running through the rain to drive."

I gave him a grateful smile and shook my head. "I'm fine, baby, just talk to me about the case." I said softly. "Got anything useful, Sammy?"

"From the files, they say its a clown killing parents." Sam recited. Dean and I shared a look before busting out with laughter.

"You've gotta be kidding me!"

"Yeah. He left the daughter unharmed, and kill the parents." Sam explained like he didn't see the irony.

"And this family was at some carnival that night?" I asked with a few giggles.

"Right, right. The uh, Cooper Carnival." Sam read off the page.

"So, how do you know we're not dealing with some psycho carnie in a clown suit?" Dean asked, and my mind immediately wanders to him wanting to get back to the blonde beauty with the pretty blue eyes.

"When has it ever been that simple, Dean?" I ask harshly. "Didn't the girl say the clown vanished into thin air?" Dean gave me a confused look at my hostility.

"Well, I know what you're thinking, Sam. Why did it have to be clowns." Dean teased, causing me to bust up again.

"Oh, give me a break, Lottie's way more scared of them than I am." Sam groaned.

Dean let out a laugh. "You didn't think I'd remember, did you? I mean, come on, you still bust out crying whenever you see the McDonald on the television. And honestly, Lottie got over her fear of Clowns after she coldcocked that clown at a fair we stopped at."

"Well, at least he's not afraid of flying." I teased. Sam shot his brother a victorious look.

"Planes crash!" Dean explained as his cheeks started to flush.

"And it's not uncommon for clowns to murder." Dean huffed and crossed his arms with a pout. "So, these types of murders, they ever happen before?" I ask.

"Uh, according to the file, 1981, The Bunker Brothers Circus, same M.O. It happened three times, three different locales." Sam explained.

"It's weird, though, I mean, if it's a spirit, it's usually bound to a specific locale, you know, a house, or a town."

"So, how's it moving from city to city? Carnival to Carnival?" I ask, and blared the horn when a revved up dually roared passed me. "Watch where you're going, you cock suckin'-" I trailed off in a slur of unintelligible curses.

"Cursed object, maybe. Spirit attaches itself to something, and the, uh carnival carries it around with them." Dean answered after my tantrum.

"Great, just what we need. A paranormal scavenger hunt." I sighed, and went back to leaning on my elbow.

"Well, this case was Sam's idea." Dean replied and then furrowed his eyebrows. "By the way, why is that? You were awfully quick to jump on this job."

"So?" Sam inquired.

"It's just... not like you, that's all. Thought you were hell-bent for leather on the demon hunt."

Sam shrugged. "I don't know, I just think, this job, it's what Dad would've wanted us to do."

"What Dad would've wanted." Dean confirmed.

"Yeah. So?"

Dean shook his head and glanced over at his shoulder to his brother before facing ahead. "Nothin'."