Everybody Loves A Clown -- Admitting The Truth

~*****~

We followed the family back to their home, and waited until night had fallen. I sat in the drivers seat with a glum expression. "Dean, I cannot believe you told Papazian about the homicidal phantom clown." Sam sighed as he leaned forward. I rolled my eyes and tried stretching out.

"I told him an urban legend about a homicidal phantom clown. I never said it was real." Dean corrected, and pulled out a gun. I reached over and shoved it down as fast as I could. "Hey!"

"What in sam-hell is wrong with you?!" I seethed.

Dean rolled his eyes and turned back to Sam. "Oh, and get this. I mentioned the Bunker Brother's Circus in '81 and their, uh, evil clown apocalypse? Guess what," Dean asked his brother.

"What?"

"Before Mr. Cooper owned Cooper Carnival, he worked for Bunker Brothers. He was their lot manager." Dean explained.

"So, you think whatever this spirits attached too, Cooper just brought it with him?" Sam asked.

"Something like that." I sighed and shuffled onto my hip to stare at them. I winced a little, and just now noticed how much wide they've gotten. I used to be able to angle my body in weird positions just to get comfy, and this was one of them, and now I can't even do that.

Dean looked out the window and shook his head slightly. "I can't believe we keep talking about clowns." He commented.

~*****~

Dean slept peacefully in the passenger seat as I kept watch on the house. Sam was going over the case files again when movement caught my attention. I started slapping at Dean. "Guys!" I snapped. The light was on in the living room, and the little girl waltzed passed the window towards where her front door was. "Hurry!" I urge as we leaped out of the car. The little girl left the door open, so we followed after quietly as she led the clown through the house. We rounded a corner, and hid behind the walls so we were in front of them.

"Wanna see Mommy and Daddy? They're upstairs." The little girl whispered. Before that could happen, Sam lunged out, and grabbed the little girl. She let out a loud scream as Dean and I lifted our shotguns, and fired two rounds of rock salt into the clowns chest. It fell back as Sam covered the little girl from harm. Dean and I quickly reloaded when the clown started to rise.

"Sam, watch out!" Dean warned as the clown got to his feet. The clown turned tail, and jumped out the door's glass plane. It completely shattered to the floor as the clown turned invisible.

"What are you doing here!?" A masculine voice boomed, making us all freeze. "Get away from-"

"Oh my god! What are you doing to my daughter?!" The mother screamed as she dove for her child.

"Who the hell are you?!" The father screamed. "Get out! Get the hell out of my house!" We all raised our hands and backed out from the family and took off.

"Mommy, daddy, they shot my clown!" We hear the little girl cry. We jumped into the mini van and peeled out on the pavement.

~*****~

The next morning, we decided to ditch the minivan by the side of the road, and hid it within a thicket of trees. "You really think they saw our plates?" Sam asked as he unloaded our bags while Dean pulled off the license plates, and shoving them into his duffel.

Dean slammed the trunk hood down as I lugged my duffel over my shoulder. "I don't wanna take the chance. Besides, I hate this friggin' thing anyway." He grumbled. He grasped my duffel and pulled it off of me to lug over his own shoulder. I gave him a small smile before grabbing his lighter bag. "Well, one things for sure." Dean spoke up as we started walking down the road.