CH 8 - Inclusive

Even if it seems like Namjoon is just stuck in his own little world that's not the case. Like some have said, he's the scariest of The Kims for knowing most things that he shouldn't. Well right on this topic, he tends to know more than Jimin may think. He's seen him several times in fact, the way he finds himself noticing Jimin's stares coming from afar. Namjoon wondered why he had peeked Jimin's interests, he didn't find himself that interesting in any way.

Does he want my money?  Namjoon found himself thinking.

He bent the corner of page 54 then shut the book closed. Namjoon always did this in case he'd forgotten where he ended up leaving off on. The book, The Hunchback of Notre-Dame, that he's been assigned to read by his literature teacher, Mr. Minyu. They'd be expected to have finished reading it in the next three days. Even though the boys didn't usually attend the morning classes or any for that matter they still found themselves doing the work, mostly Namjoon. He's easily bored out of his mind but as dull as it may sound stories keep him quite entertained. Romance being the last genre he'd ever go for.

A glint of light caught his eye, the glare luring him in closer. He tried to fight his thoughts, they said; you're a fool for trying to find nothing. While dismissing those horrid thoughts he ended up in the library. You'd think he'd have more major plans but scavenging for whatever bothered him happened to be the main part of his day.

The vibrant stained glass window near the very end of the library is what caught his attention. He never found himself this easily amused by something so simple yet he found this window as intricate as himself. The hues spoke to him as if they'd been uttering words of importance. He knew that this wouldn't have been the very last time visiting but he had to go. He remembered scheduling an appointment with his father around 6:00 p.m. He only had an hour to ready himself, to look as though his dad didn't put enough pressure on him already.

After all, I am a man of my word, Namjoon reminded himself. 

Just as he turned away from the window some roach crashed into him, he stumbled backwards as he tried to regain his balance. He ultimately failed when a book landed on his foot. He cringed at the fall and the way the weight of the book applied an overbearing amount of pressure. 

One heavy book - 1

Namjoon's father - 0

"Fuck... I'm so sorry!" Namjoon watched at how Jimin raked a hand through his unkempt blonde hair. He kept apologizing as if Sorry happened to be the only word he knew.

A sigh managed to emit from Namjoon, he stood up from the ground and just watched Jimin, he didn't even bother to lend a helping hand. It seemed as if he'd been examining his state, his frame, his actions.

Jimin continued to gather the books that slipped from his grasp. He peered up to find Namjoon staring at him in an officious way, his eyes wavering to his lips as they firmly pressed against the other in irritation. Jimin slightly shook his head as he continued to stack the books on top of the other. He placed them gently on the nearest table he could find.

"What are you looking at?" Jimin asked. He found Namjoon as overbearing as the other two Kims, the tallest one at that. 

Namjoon gave him a response, "This is payback."

As dumbfounded as Jimin appeared Namjoon didn't give him the chance to speak up again. So he clarified a bit more for him, "Now do you understand how uncomfortable it feels to be stared at like this?" Something in Jimin clicked, he understood.

"Sorry," Jimin uttered in an apologetic tone.

Namjoon scoffed at the apology then left him there with his head hanging low. Just when he found himself reaching the exit he felt a tug from behind his blazer, he caught a glimpse of Jimin's miniature fingers.