CH 36 - 1990

Is love at first sight real? Are there various meanings to the phrase? As in, can someone fall in love at first sight once or does the concept vary? Love in itself isn't easy especially for anyone at Asatski. Especially for the three who haven't found it yet; Kang Dae, Han Soo, and Mi Young.

"Can you believe we're still single? It's our Junior year for crying out loud!" Dae groaned, complaining aside her three other friends by the hallway next to their class. It's currently their lunch break and in a few minutes they're back in hell.

Chin-Sun cleared her throat, smile creeping all the way to her ears. "Can't relate," She peeped out, shoulders shrugging. 

Mi Young eyed Chin-Sun in bewilderment with a pointed finger, "YOU???"

Chin-Sun giggled in amusement, blushing at the thought of Seo Joon. She brought it upon herself to remember how he made an effort to visit Chin-Sun's grandmother's place subsequently. Oh, they've managed to find a way to catch up in such a short time, making up for all of those absent years.

"FUCK!" Dae let out in agony, totally not aware that she can be sent to detention for disruption purposes. She clung onto Han Soo like a koala, hanging onto her for support. 

Han Soo tried to conceal her laughter, loosely combing her fingers in Dae's hair. "You just have to look for love in the right places and maybe school isn't one of them," Han Soo said. 

"Right! I found mine in front of my grandmothers' doorstep-" Chin-Sun had her back turned, face facing her friends as she walked backwards. Pretty aloof choice for someone so conscious of their decisions, if you ask me.

Bumping into a hefty surface, air knocked out of her lungs, Chin-Sun whirled around and was met with whom she claims to be hers. "You go here?" Chin-Sun let out, instantly becoming still, completely taken aback. 

"It's my first day," Seo Joon managed to get out. All the two could do was gaze into each other's eyes, utterly baffled at this coincidence. Blissful and caught up in the moment, they just stood there and watched as if it were normal. Though, somewhat aware that he had an audience, he tensed up and eyed the others who too stared back in suspicion.

Dae stepped forward, gradually growing courageous within each step. A mischievous grin making its grand display. Now and even then she knows fully well of what kind of power she possesses. She knew what reactions she'd elicit, fully aware of the obstruction she'd eventually create. Dae waited for the intended audience to pass them by. As if on time, she asked, "So, you're Chin-Sun's boyfriend?"

The four outsiders, those who had a social life, seized to continue. Everyone was baffled nonetheless, both groups (new money and old money) could at least say they felt the same mixed emotions for the first time. They formed and co-mingled like a stampede, halting in Seo Joon's presence. Mi Young, Han Soo, Sung-Hoon, Jeong Wu, and Ji Ah stared at Seo Joon like some extraterrestrial, almost as if he walked into uncharted territory... like he didn't belong here at Asatski.

Chin-Sun tried so hard to keep her gaze locked onto everything else but Do Yoon. Her gut kept telling her to avoid him but her heart told her to stare. So, she did. She eyed Do Yoon in bewilderment, scoffing at how easy it was to confront him and how difficult it was to look away. 

Seo Joon severed their showdown at once and gripped one of Chin-Sun's free hand. Almost immediately, wishful thinking got to the best of Do Yoon, he too latched his hand onto hers. Chin-Sun tried shrugging Do Yoon's hold while Ji Ah did the same.

Buzz spreads quick.

"Do Yoon!" Ji Ah whined, trying to pry his hold off. Like a game of tug-of-war, they pulled onto Chin-Sun as if she were a rag doll.