CH 16 - Team Captain

The PA system went off, Mr. Harang's voice filled the entire school, "Good morning, it's that time of the year again where we gather around for one of the biggest events that Asatski Boarding School holds. The annual Sports Festival will be held as of this week, in the next day preparations will be done and decided with. Choose wisely and remember to always do your best or you'll turn out like the rest!"

He didn't even wish us safety nor good luck, what a thoughtful principal, Yoongi scoffed as he thought to himself.

Yoongi hesitated to turn in his seat but did it anyway. Jin stared straight at his marked desk, seeming almost empty, kind of like he's been avoiding Yoongi's gaze. 

"Are you going to be apart of any of the following sports?" Yoongi asked ever so curiously. This time, he genuinely wondered where Jin's head was at. These past couple of days he's been cutting Jin some slack. Since the party, Jin hasn't been able to recollect himself and no one knows why. 

"Why does it matter to you?" Jin shot back, still not facing him. 

Yoongi cocked his head to the side in annoyance, he responded with the same rude attitude, "So I can boo you from the sidelines, that's all."

He turned back in his seat in one swift movement and fiddled with his fingers in silence.

Jimin came back from the restroom and caught Namjoon dozing off, his head slightly falling towards his desk. Jimin was subtle enough to leave a snack on his desk right when he was caught off guard. 

Jungkook softly yelped when he felt someone tugging the hair on the nape of his neck. "Agh, what do you want?!" Jungkook abruptly stood up from his desk and stared at Taehyung.

"Calm down, you're too noisy," Taehyung pulled him back down on his chair. He lightly tipped Jungkook's chin up with the slightest touch of his index finger.

"You're one to talk," Jungkook couldn't help but strike up once again and head for the exit of the classroom.

Just as Taehyung was about to follow Jungkook out of the room, Hoseok took hold of his arm. He warned him, tightening his grip as he did so, "Leave him alone, he doesn't need any bad influences right now. Lately, you've been a great distraction."

Isn't that a good thing? Taehyung questioned.

"Huh, I must be doing my job correctly then. Now, watch yourself before you wreck yourself," Taehyung licked his lips, seeming cockier than ever. He revolted from Hoseok's hold and trailed Jungkook's steps. 

Lately, everyone has been off, something about the party shifted their moods. Yoongi knew he's done many things wrong but he couldn't pinpoint his mistake this time. Jin couldn't look Yoongi in the eye, only because of the incident that occurred between them. Their hands touching, shoulders tapping against one another, it all felt new to Jin. He found himself frightened by his sudden desires because he liked it. 

Jungkook was and still is at most disappointed in Taehyung. He caught him drunk off his mind then at the party. It drove him insane how he purposefully let himself get tipsy around adults. I mean, who does that? It doesn't help the fact that Taehyung is also a minor, a child at that. It's like Taehyung didn't realize what he did was wrong, like his actions are beyond his control and there was no way to prevent that misfortunate run in. 

Hoseok didn't know what to think about Taehyung, only that he was beyond creepy and a complete jerk. He just didn't understand what his deal was. Did he like bullying/teasing people for fun? Does he get instructed by the other Kims do to their dirty work? Does he like Jungkook

Jimin and Namjoon's relationship, if you can even call it one, has been weird all around. Every time they looked at each other there was an unknown spark that none of them questioned or spoke of. Jimin has finally come to a realization that he'd be the one catching Namjoon staring at him from afar, almost like he missed him. Jimin was sure of it, he developed some type of crush on Namjoon, that type of crush that'd soon disperse within time. Though, he hoped it didn't.

"Alright, alright! Simper down, now... our class will be assessed to hurdle jumps! Here's the tricky part, who will be the captain of this classroom, of this team?" Mr. Minyu announced the following. 

Yoongi eyed the classroom, no hands were raised, he took it as an opportunity to request, "How about we vote for someone anonymously?" 

"Excellent!" Mr. Minyu declared. 

What's with him and anonymous voting? Namjoon wondered. 

Jungkook suddenly barged in, out of breath in fact. Like he'd been running away from something or someone. Without a word, he took a seat. Mr. Minyu seemed rather astounded by his sudden entrance but didn't question him any further until Taehyung darted inside. He had his hands on his knees and his tongue hanging out like a dog. 

"Now, where on earth have you been and why are you guys so out of breath?" Mr. Minyu questioned rather dubious of the situation. 

"Ooooh, they ran off togetheeerr!" One of the students shouted. 

Another jeering response came after the first, "Why are you guys so out of breath, huh?"

Taehyung's brows raised, "I had something sticky on my hands and Jungkook hates sticky things."

"WHAT KIND OF STICKY THING?" Hoseok whirled around in his desk, eyeing Taehyung in bewilderment. 

The class erupted into laughter but Mr. Minyu didn't chuckle one bit. He didn't understand the joke, he's much too old to understand these kiddy punchlines.

Jungkook scrunched his eyebrows together in fury, almost like he had enough of this chatter. "Gosh, you guys are so immature!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I'm sure we all know that kids will be kids but we have more important business to deal with. Take out a sheet of paper and only write down one person from this class that you want to select as captain for this team," Mr. Minyu carefully instructed.

Scribble, scrabble, scribble, scrabble. 

Once every stack of ballots had been collected from each row, Mr. Minyu unfolded several and tallied them on the board. Their classroom consisted of about 45 students, too much to count but every vote mattered. 

Kim Seokjin - 13

Park Jimin - 1

Jeon Jungkook - 13

Min Yoongi - 6

Kim Namjoon - 3

Jung Hoseok - 2

Kim Taehyung - 4

Mr. Minyu - 3

"I'm flattered for the votes but we need to finalize a winner," Mr. Minyu clarified. 

Taehyung jumped in his seat, almost too giddily, "Pick Jungkook, he can do everything!"

"And yet he can't do you!" A muffled response came from the front of the classroom, their classmates roared. 

Jin slammed his fist against the desk, he bolted from his seat and eyed several appalled faces. "Shut the fuck up! How dare you make these comments under our wing... all of you guys are unentitled, know your place as the pieces of shit you are!"

"That's it, excuse yourself to the Principal's office!!!" Mr. Minyu had just about had it, he didn't care that he stood up to someone as high and mighty as Jin. Damn, he yelled at Kim Seokjin. A bit of regret overcame him but he kept his head held up high. 

"Gladly!" Jin shot back as he collected his things and rushed off.

Mr. Minyu took his stance in front of the classroom, hands clasped together. He announced, facial expressions stoic for once, "Give a round of applause for our team captain, Jeon Jungkook!"

Clap... clap... clap... clap... 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Which ship has been on your mind lately?