CH 22 - Perplexed Feelings

Jungkook couldn't stop pacing through the ins and outs of his dorm. The rest of the boys curiously eyed him as he continuously raked a hand at his nape. As if Jungkook had lice, flees skewering his scalp, nipping at his flesh. 

"Jesus Jungkook! Sit down, you're giving me anxiety," Jimin yelled at him, giving him a warning glare. Jimin always failed to suppress his anger, always seeming more cute than furious. 

Hoseok eyed Jungkook, his head tilting ever-so-slightly. "How come you didn't tell us about yesterday?"

His eyes widened at the question, Jungkook rambled, "What-who-why?"

Rumors tend to come to light quickly in the privileged community.

"Doesn't matter, Jeon. Were you ever going to tell us?"

"No, actually, it's... Taehyung's parents wanted to thank me for saving him. Then, it turned into some kind of business deal. I knew that meeting was never about me to begin with so I didn't think I had to say anything," Jungkook explained with difficulty. 

Jungkook plopped himself onto his bed, eyeing his fingers in a daze. He nervously chewed on his bottom lip, eyes widening as he recalled last night. Taehyung's scorching touch hovering over his numb features, his enchanting kisses scattering his field of vision, his burning gaze lingered all around, not going away nor coinciding with Jungkook's inner-thoughts wishing for them to stop.

"So, what's his house like?" Yoongi asked, seeming interested in Taehyung's home.

Hoseok lightly tapped his chin, conspiring again, "Did anyone by any chance morph into a reptilian?" 

Jimin piped up, eyebrows raised, "Um, on a more important note, how was Taehyung?"

"House is an understatement and I'm pretty sure they're just as human as we are. Plus, Taehyung's sister is so not a reptile, she's completely utterly gorgeous. God, her name itself swept me under the carpet... Kim Ah Young."

Yoongi squinted his eyes, trying to understand the gist of it all, "You mean to tell us, Jeon Jungkook, that you have it out for Kim Taehyung's sister? You're lurking around in dangerous waters."

Jungkook thought about his fluctuating feelings ever since they decided to carelessly bloom. One second he's admiring Ah Young and the next he's fawning over Taehyung. 

"Kim Ah Young, you say... what's she like?" Hoseok peeped out. 

"She's kind of shy, more unnoticeable but she's really kind. Also, she's pretty mysterious if you ask me. There's something so alluring about her, though you can't help but forget her. She's ghostly, so transparent yet unreadable."

The way Jungkook described her made Jimin's spine tingle as if Ah Young's some Creepy Pasta character he's read about. Yet, he couldn't have been more on point. The boys couldn't help but wonder then tread on like everyone did. Though, despite their forgetfulness, Hoseok's mind kept trailing back towards her. He'd make sure he wouldn't forget her because he himself loves solving mysteries. He too enjoys scavenging for the truth, unleashing what lies beneath hidden eyes. 

Jimin impatiently intervened, "What about Taehyung?"

Jungkook's lips curled up in amusement. Kim Taehyung; best unit, the loveliest. 

"He's rather enticing..." Jungkook merely spoke.

Yoongi chuckled at the word, chastising a now timid Jungkook, "Enticing?"

Jungkook cupped his face in his hands, trying to squish away the embarrassment he felt over his own cheesiness. 

"E-n-t-i-c-i-n-g!" He continued, "I might've had another moment with him and might've fallen for him... a little."

Silence filled their room entirely, Jungkook nervously pricked at his forearm while the boys continued to stare at him in disbelief. They must've found it peculiar, that Taehyung whom Jungkook hated since he arrived at Asatski Boarding School is somehow crushing on him. Oh, how the tables have turned. 

"Wow, Google never mentioned that reptiles had seducing powers. That's fucking wicked!" Hoseok broke out, seeming amazed by his new-found discovery yet discredited by Google's lack of information. 

The attention now on Hoseok made the younger feel relieved that all eyes were not on him.

Jungkook picked up his head, he squeaked, "I think this time the feeling is mutual! I swear, I haven't been able to stop thinking about him." He continued to blush profusely into his sleeve, trying to hide what's left of his burning skin. 

In a matter of seconds his mood managed to falter, seeming helpless as he let out, "I fucked up, it's over." 

Yoongi's brows knitted together in confusion as he wondered about the frustrated latter before him. "What's wrong now?"

"Taehyung really likes me and I used him. I said I'd learn to feel for him but I never imagined myself to fall this quick. My mind isn't playing tricks on me, right?"

Jimin came afloat with a boatload of questions, "Before yesterday happened... how often did you think about him? Have you ever pictured you two as an item? Have you ever had the sudden urge to get close to him? Were you ever stunned, shocked in his presence... almost like you just couldn't believe he's real."

Hoseok's curious thoughts dissipated, his heart-shaped smile coming to light. "Is there something you're not telling us, Jimin?"

"No way! I-I'm fine, completely okay." Jimin's widened eyes and stammered lines said it all. He stomped off into their kitchen, Hoseok and Yoongi trailing behind the flustered blonde boy wanting more answers.

I thought about him various times, out of fear. Taehyung and I, an item? No, never. I've always wanted distance between us. I've never given him the attention, I still remain poised because I don't want him to know that I... that I care, Jungkook thought up a storm.

He's come to a realization, in which he's been casting his feelings aside because he doesn't want to get hurt. He doesn't want to hold onto someone who'll end up leaving him eventually. Jungkook won't give into his feelings that easily, he wouldn't want to lose Taehyung like he lost his own father. Just like Taehyung, he'll do whatever it takes to keep his feelings sealed even if it means throwing away his temptations to be the savior of whatever's left of their dying friendship. Their friendship that only seems to fuel from constant flirting and "coincidental" meetings.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ugh, don't we all love that OT7 drama? 💞