CH 44 - Hard Cold Case

Nowadays Yoongi often lounged around his house and left his dormitory unoccupied. He doesn't find comfort in witnessing his friends in shambles and having to baby them on top of that. He just wants to be selfish for once and run away.

It's a sheepish move, really, but he wants to avoid as much drama at all costs. Though, that's inevitable. Considering the fact that he's already involved with a Kim for that matter, several Kims at that.

So, to distract himself from his amounting absences, he's decided to rake his brain and grow a curious little lovebug. He recalled several times his mother had acted strange in front of him when she came back home from retrieving the mail. Yoongi pondered what on Earth his mother could be hiding.

An explicit subscription?

The whole thing was just odd and childish to be thinking this deep about but the boy had an awful lot of free time. Hey, what the heck, what's the harm in finding out something you're not supposed to, you know?

"Ma, I'll take out the trash!" Yoongi blurted out, putting on a show for his dubious mother whom lounged somewhere around the house.

Wow, give this boy an Oscar already!

Yoongi reached the trash and recycling bin just outside his garage door. He thanked God that they weren't outside his driveway, he'd seem a crazy spectacle rummaging through the trash like an unwanted raccoon. Despite the unsanitary concerns, he scavenged through the recycling bin in hopes that he'd find the missing pieces of the puzzle.

The puzzle his abstract mother became since a few weeks ago. Something weird is going on and there's no doubt in his mind that an external force is messing with his poor mother. Yoongi understands the undeserving hate Chin-Sun goes through because Yoongi has experienced the same uncanny treatment. That if you're quiet, wear a resting bitch face, and come up for light unexpectedly then you're bound to be picked on.

He feels like an underdog, someone so unbelievably tiny that can surpass superior lengths under tidy circumstances.

Most of the papers he collected were in scraps, shredded unbeknownst him. He found some crumbled envelopes that, fortunately, weren't messed with. He gaped at a few that had the same name but he hadn't a clue who it was. Yoongi's orbs just about plopped out of his sockets once his eyes ransacked the senders' address.

K.D.Y.

1490 Jjang Jjang Man Boong Boong Street

ZIP CODE XXXXX

That's Jin's community! Someone from that posh neighborhood is sending his mother mail. But what're they sending? He held his chin in his hand, studying this newfound evidence that he managed to stumble upon. Come to think of it... those initials dawned on him, they feel rather familiar. The thought is ransacking every nook and cranny of his brain.

What's the name behind K.D.Y.?

Buzz, Buzz, Buzz, Buzz!

Yoongi's brows arched in amounting surprise once he fished his phone out of his back pocket. Replacing his buzzing phone with the clattered mail, he stuffed the papers in his jeans instead. Lately, he's been receiving a few notifications from Jungkook, those texts left him unbothered 90% of the time. All were nothing but Jungkook asking him how his day was or how he was doing. Alas, they still have yet to be in the same room altogether.

Though, when Yoongi eyed the caller ID, he just about tensed.

Part of him wanted to reject the call or let the rings go by without having to feel guilty for declining. He's thought about blocking the number for quite some time, but the idea felt childish. Yoongi decided to put on his big boy pants and answer the call, despite the fact that he forbade himself from doing so. He didn't want to give in so easily, to so quickly reconcile with the other but he wanted to act accordingly, rather maturely.