CH 26 - The Past

Yay, it's the weekend... and what're we going to do? Never party again! At least, temporarily break away from risk-taking events until the air itself has decided to simmer down. 

Yoongi has been laying in his bed, his room in his parents' house, for a century. It's been awhile since he's moved from that spot. He decided to visit on such a short notice because he missed his parents. He thought it'd be a great idea to come over and talk to his old folk like he used to. Being cooped up at the dorms all the time made him feel a tad bit homesick. Plus, he feels like he owes his parents, he wants to give them his undivided attention, his unlimited time, his comforting presence. 

Clink, Clink, Clink!

His mother, Min Chin-Sun, scrubbed at the tough spots on the daily used dishes. She continues to do the chores around the house while the man of the house works until his shift is over. Chin-Sun sweeps, she occasionally mops, washes the dishes then loads them into the dishwasher, wipes the dusty furniture down, puts the clothes into the washer and dryer, folds everyone's clothing, takes a five minute break which then turns into a one hour nap. She's the typical, hardworking, humbling type.

Chin-Sun, the one who seeks truth and goodness in everything.

His father, Min Seo Joon, is the man of the house. Seems intimidating at first glance, brooding with his skin-crawling aura that'd leave you cowering away in an instant. He's not a Kim, he's quite the opposite from those menacing people who claim to be human. They live in luxury but Seo Joon tries his hardest to live a normal life. He wants the best for the family because his inner circle means the world to him. All the time, he ponders about the past, he wishes that it won't come back to haunt him nor to repeat itself. These so-called wishes that people wish upon a random star never come true. 

Seo Joon, the one who is optimistic and favorable.

Creeeeeeaak!

"Yoon Gi, dear!" Chin-Sun poked her head out from the door.

Yoongi hummed, sitting up-right as he remained all ears. "Do you mind doing a BIG favor for me? I was wondering if you could tidy up the space in the attic."

"Got it," He said without hesitation. He put on his Kumamon socks, the bear's face plastered on the soles of his feet. Within each step, Kumamon found it much harder to breathe. 

In the attic, up above, Yoongi tried his best not to knock over any boxes but to his shitty luck... his foot kicked at a small box. The half-opened package flew to the ground, emptying its contents. Several, if not millions, of polaroid pictures scattered the floor. He found a picture of his mother standing in front of what seemed like school entrance gates. She had little to no make-up, short, straight, black hair. She wore her school uniform comfortably, as if she modeled for these specific clothes. Wearing a checkered skirt, chiffon bowtie, white button up, and a blazer with the letter 'A' stitched onto it. 

'Twas Fall of 1988, Asatski Boarding School; freshman year, Min Chin-Sun awaited the next four years of her high school career. Back then, the school itself was widely known, if not, the best school to attend. Only then it was public but no one talks about that anymore. Like an old memory, it's sealed away in small, compacted storages filed into the very back of our brains like hardly visible dust bunnies. Orientation was same old, same old for the upperclassmen but, Chin-Sun marveled at the place like it came from a fairytale book. Like a kid, she 'oohed' and 'awed.'

Yoongi picked up what seemed to be a class photo. He carefully speculated the picture like an ancient script, trying not to miss a single detail. He wanted to see for himself if he could recognize anyone, as if he would. Though, he managed to find someone rather close to him in his present life. An older version of someone he knowingly kept his distance from like most of the student body.