CH 29 - Everlasting Friendships

"I'm home!" Hoseok beamed from the front door of his parents' house. Moved by Yoongi's efforts into hanging out with his own family, Hoseok did the same as well as the other boys. They haven't seen their relatives in so long, boarding school tends to make people feel homesick, it gets to the best of them. 

As he locked the main entrance, his nostrils were bombarded by his grandmother's homemade soup. Ever since his grandfather passed away, his grandma has been living with him, his "halmoni".

"Oi, oi, you knew I was coming, didn't you?" Hoseok's heart-shaped smile captured the attention of his grandma.

She stood on her tippy toes to pinch his raised cheeks. Sweetly, she replied, "Of course! I always seem to get stronger every time you're around. I can sense you when I'm doing great. My dear Hobi, my good luck charm."

"My boy!" Mr. Jung chirped from behind, ruffling Hoseok's ginger strands. 

Hoseok's eyes brightened at the warm welcome, he proclaimed, "Aaah, I've missed you tons."

"How's the school treating you? Any new friends or enemies I gotta worry about?" His father swarmed him with a boatload of questions for Hoseok to contemplate about. Whether he should tell him about the Kims or lie.

"Just great, I've got three roommates and they're very nice guys!" Hoseok grinned from ear to ear.

"Aigoo, where's your mother at a time like this? Dae, our boy's home!" Mr. Jung raised his voice from the kitchen.

His mother rushed out of her study and ran down the stairs upon hearing the news. Entering the kitchen space, Hoseok hurried to hug his mother and feel that familiar warmth of love in itself. "Ah, I've been worrying about you nonstop... can't believe you've made it back in my arms," Dae longingly hugged her son as if he's been missing for seven years.

Hoseok reassured, calmingly, "Mom, I'm fine and completely okay."

A smile crept onto Dae's lips, a soft reply emitting from her, "I see that now."

"Tell us about your friends," His grandmother intervened, setting Hoseok's bowl of soup onto the table. With that, everyone took a seat at the dining table, ready to hear Hoseok's stories.

Hoseok started, "So, by seniority, I'll start with Yoongi. He's really chill, kind of quiet but he's very protective of us like an older brother. He is so brave, like mega ultra badass! You'll love the guy." His parents knew how genuine he was, he spoke so highly of Yoongi even though their personalities opposed from one another. Though, Hoseok wouldn't dare to let their differences come in between their relationship because now he embraces them with all he's got. 

"Then there's Jimin. He's extremely sassy but I don't take that part of him as a flaw, he's challenging in ways that I appreciate. Also, he's super passionate in what he does. When he dances, oh my god, his smile is so refreshing. Quite a reserved one at first but once you get to know him he'll blossom right before your eyes." Hoseok continued to speak so earnestly about Jimin. Being sarcastic can get you into some trouble but Hoseok likes that about Jimin. The fact that someone can say whatever is on their mind and not regret it, makes Hoseok admire that aspect of him.

"The youngest, by a few months, Jungkook. He's very athletic, huge muscles, and a love for making us laugh incidentally. He tends to overthink a lot which worries me but he always oversees challenges and overcomes super difficult obstacles. He's like a superhero!" Truly, Hoseok does ponder a lot about Jungkook and what he keeps inside. He wishes Jungkook were a little bit more open but it's not his fault he's that reluctant. 

"It sounds like you really like them. I hope you continue to get along with them well. Remember to keep in contact with your friends, alright?" 

"Right, you'll never know when they'll disappear on you," Dae sadly smiled to herself, reminding her boy. Thinking of the good old days, thinking of Min Chin-Sun.